Wednesday Oct. 18th through Saturday the 21st, 2023

 Wednesday 10/18/23:   My first full day at home after ASP.  I cancelled my ten thirty a.m. appointment with Dr. Kurbs because I was just too tired to shower and get ready and go.  I got caught up on this blog and on uploading my photos to flickr.  Betty brought my mail over.  Peggy stopped by for a few minutes, also.  I continued picking away at putting stuff away.  

THURSDAY the 19th:  No appointments today.  I showered and washed my hair in the morning and continued unpacking and putting away.  I drove to COLD SPRINGS CEMETERY hoping to see some nice fall color, but I didn't.  I took a few pictures anyways.








  I went to DOLLAR TREE (I was all out of dish liquid) and also to WalMart. I also stopped and took a few pictures near the State Street bridge. 




 I purchased lunch at the SUBWAY there.  Ate it at home.   In the evening I started watching MARRIAGE, a British TV show with Nicola Walker.  I missed the first several minutes.  Things move VERY slow in this show.


FRIDAY the 20th.  Lou Meade from DRUM OIL came over this morning to look at the air conditioning unit.  Indeed, it does need to be replaced. and will cost between five and six thousand dollars.    Peg came over and we replayed the video we started to watch a few weeks ago.  Amir Tsarfati talking about the book of Revelation.  We didn't quite finish it, because about 10 minutes before the end Peggy got a phone call from a couple from church who are battling financial and cancer issues.  She wanted to get the ball rolling with getting them some help, I think.  I took a nap in the afternoon.  In the evening, I went to IMAGINE THAT where Freedom Church held a Ladies Paint Night. POTLUCK AND PAINT!!!!!  We all brought a dish to pass, and there was a LOT OF FOOD.  I took several pictures.  Most of the ladies were very much younger, but there were a few seniors: me, Marlene, Linda Rathke and Peggy, and we all sat together. and had a good time.  
I am not at all happy with my finished painting, but I did have fun.
Jessica giving some pointers.
Peggy painting
Marlene and Linda






There was plenty of food!

SATURDAY October 21st.  I decided that I would bite the bullet and get the rest of my stuff put away.  After all I have been home since Tuesday afternoon.  In the morning I started soaking the beans for the soup for tomorrow.  I also went through a basket of Carrie's toys and got rid of some and cleaned the rest.  

I had an email from US BANK encouraging me to redeem my rewards points, so I located my log in ID and password and I redeemed enough points to earn a hundred dollars!!!!  I took a nice nap, and read a bit in the book Christa recommended.  I finished putting trip stuff away, all except for taking my two suitcases upstairs where I store them.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024