SUNDAY December 3rd through SATURDAY December 9th, 2023
SUNDAY the 3rd. WOW! I got a LOT of sleep last night. After Pam left, I felt really tired so I got ready for bed and settled into my recliner in front of LAW and ORDER SVU, but I slept most of the way through two episodes. Then I moved to my bed and fell asleep within a few minutes. I don't think I got up in the night to use the toilet, but I might have. At any rate, It was close to eight a.m. when I woke up and close to nine before I got up. I had to rush a bit in order to be ready for church in time. CHURCH WAS GREAT!!
When the service ended, I headed down to the small sanctuary. My job (as requested by Peggy) was to keep the seniors OUT of the small sanctuary until the kids had left and the tables were set up. This was not too hard since Dave Register stood by the door and helped. I went in a bit early to help with the last couple of tablecloths.
The event went well. The meal was lasagna, tossed salad, bread and butter provided by Peggy and cookies provided by some of the guests. There was a gift exchange. The gift I got was a very large outline of a star that lights up, to put on a wall or window. I gave it to Lori,
since she liked it so much and all of her Christmas decorations are packed away. I ended up with three small signs,
with slogans and I gave one of them to Elaine Vincent, since it had a saying about a piano, and she has one. I took a lot of pictures. Peg making announcements. Marlene with her gift, the one I took! (I won it last December at Christ Community Church's community dinner.)
Lynn, Ruby and Ruby's daughter.
In the evening, I watched the rest of LADY BALLERS. I have to say that I am disappointed in the DAILY WIRE, that they could not keep it clean. I also watched the first segment of 60 MINUTES which was about the unrest on college campuses, specifically Princeton and Columbia.
I was exhausted when I got home, so tired that when I got into bed, I did not have enough energy to turn to my other side. I may have slept a little bit before I woke up and rolled over.
MONDAY the 4th: I had my appointment with Dr. Kurbs at ten a.m. and then went to LOCKPORT MRI for my mammogram. It went well until after I was done with it and the technician (Brenda) showed me back to the room where I had changed out of my street clothing and into a gown. She told me to wait there, and to not change back into my regular clothing) until she showed the results to the doctor. I am SO glad that I had my book (INFIDEL by Ayaan Hirsi Ali) with me because after a half an hour Brenda had not returned. I was convinced that she had forgotten about me, so I got dressed and went to look for her. There was a woman probably close to my age in the next changing room and I asked her if the tech had forgotten her, too, and she indicated that she had been waiting a long time. I found Brenda and asked if I could leave and she said "no", so I went back to the changing room and read some more, probably for another 15 minutes. FINALLY, Brenda came back and handed me the results and told me I could go. YIKES, I am not sure I really want to keep going there for mammograms, but it will probably be OK, as long as I remember to take reading materials with me! From there, I went to the Y hoping to meet up with Jan for the exercise class. She did not show up, but I stayed and participated in the class. I stopped on the way home at KFC and used a coupon for a small lunch. I spent the afternoon at home until it was time to get ready for the Community Dinner at Christ Community Church. Betty picked me up and we met up with Peggy, Marlene and Sue Rausch. The dinner was delicious. I think about thirty people were there, including the servers. The event was not as well organized as it was last year. We could not understand what the speaker was saying most of the time. Sue and Marlene both won a door prize. I took a meal home in a take-out box. This event was not at all as good as the same one last year. Peggy was happy that a homeless couple that came to FREEDOM CHURCH a few times was there and she was able to talk to them about their situation. They are still homeless and living in a tent. I sat with Peggy, Betty, Marlene and Sue.
Here are the servers and the food before it was served.
The tables were set like this.
TUESDAY the 5th: Last night, for the first time, I took one of the pills prescribed by Dr. Zhang. I slept too well, Betty called me right around nine a.m. and I thought it was an alarm clock going off and I didn't know what day it was. I had to hurry, but I had a small breakfast, washed my face and brushed my teeth, took my meds and got dressed and got to the church a few minutes before ten a.m.
LIFE GROUP was very good. Four of us (Cindi, Glenda, Karen and me) went to THE FIELDSTONE for lunch. I went to WalMart for a few items after that and then rested in the afternoon. In the evening, I called Jan, mostly to check and see if she is doing OK, since she did not come to Life Group this morning. She is fine and hopes to be at the Y for DRUMS tomorrow. I also called Paula, to see how she is doing. She just had her second cancer treatment an it went well and she is not suffering any side effects.
WEDNESDAY the 6th: I went to the Y and met up with Jan for DRUMS ALIVE, and then we walked for about a half hour, on the track. I also worked upstairs a bit, removing some of my clothing from the bedroom closet and going through all of it, bagging some up to donate. I moved all of my suitcases to the closet in Carrie's bedroom. I read the book INFIDEL for a couple of hours and finished it. What a wonderful story! Ayaan did not plan on becoming a politician in Holland, nor did she know what was in her future here in the USA!!!
THURSDAY: I had my appointment with my new primary at the new hospital here in Lockport. I was planning on seeing Dr. McGowan, she is the one I made an appointment with, but instead I saw Dr. Megan Guntrum. I hate it when stuff like this happens BUT I have never met Dr. McGowan and I really like Dr. Guntrum. I now need to call Dr. Danaher's office to let them know I will be leaving. I need to get fasting bloodwork done someday soon, perhaps tomorrow. After that, I went to DOLLAR TREE and purchased Christmas cards for Megan, Christa, my grandkids and a birthday card for Chris. I returned the book INFIDEL to the library before going home. In the evening, I found the movie THE HOMESMAN on the ROKU CHANNEL. Hilary Swank is such a good actress.
FRIDAY: I slept very good last night, I don't think I got up in the night to use the bathroom. I spent the morning doing housework, mostly vacuuming. I had not vacuumed since a day or so before Thanksgiving. Also, I addressed the envelopes for Christmas cards for Christa and Nik, Megan and Chris, Tyler, Cassy and Quinn and a birthday card for Chris. I have totally skipped over his birthday a few times in the past. After lunch, Peggy picked me up and we went to Lewiston to visit with an elderly woman from church, Dottie. She is Ben Fresch's great grandmother. She has not been in church for a while, due to poor health. She has lost the sight in one eye and has an ulcer on her foot, relative to her diabetes. After we left her place, we went to TOPS in Lewiston. I have been wanting to make goulash for a few days, and needed some ground beef. Lucky me! It was on sale, buy one package and get one free, so I got two and will make meatloaf soon. Peggy came in for a few minutes when we got to my house, and she took three or four suitcases that I no longer want so that she can donate them to EVERY CHILD, an organization that supports foster children and foster parents. I made goulash for supper and also roasted a few brussels sprouts. Both turned out very good.
I watched a debate done in 2010 on youtube. Four people debated this idea: ISLAM IS A RELIGION OF PEACE, two on each side. I think the name of the program is THINK TWICE or BLOOMBERG INTELLIGENCE SQUARED DEBATE. Maajid Nawaz, former radical Muslim and Director of the Quilliam Foundation and
Zeba Khan
Douglas Murray (Director of Centre for Social Cohesion) and Ayaan Hirsi Ali were on the other side, the side that believes Islam is NOT a religion of peace. In ROUND ONE I thought Ayaan did not do as well as she usually does, but Murray did great.
The winner in this type of debate is the team who changed the most peoples minds. Before it starts, members of the audience have the opportunity to state what they believe, and at the end they state if they still believe the same way. The team declaring that Islam is NOT a religion of peace (Ayaan and Douglas) WON THIS DEBATE. I need to find more of these past debates and watch them.
SATURDAY the 9th I spent a good portion of the day at home. I worked on my homework for Life Group and on writing checks for Christmas gifts. I finalized plans with Pam for tonight and called Marlene to find out if she wanted to accompany us. I left a little early for this outing in order to get some money from an ATM and to pick up a prescription at Rite Aid. I met up with Pam and Marlene at Pam's place and we first went to Cusimano's and had a light supper (pizza and pop) and then headed to Akron to the Octagon House for A CANDLELIGHT TOUR: AN 1850s CHRISTMAS. I have wanted to go inside this house for several years, but it is not often open. It was dark when we arrived a little bit after six p.m., so my pictures of the outside did not turn out well. This one is off of the website for the house.
The event was basically an open house, self guided tours as part of LIGHT UP AKRON. I took a lot of pictures.
Since it was still so early when we finished I suggested to Pam that we might go to Lancaster for the STONY BROOK LEGENDARY CHRISTMAS LIGHTS.
She found an address and we set off, using directions she got from her phone. I could not take any pictures because the windows on the passenger side of Pam's car do not work. We got back to Pam's place around nine p.m. Before going home, I drove by the house near the corner of Niagara and Ontario Streets.
When I got home, I watched a couple of things on youtube and did a load of laundry.


Comments
Post a Comment