WEEK OF JUNE 2nd through June 8th, 2024

SUNDAY June 2nd:   I took Betty's mail over to her this morning before I went to church, since she called to tell me she was too tired from her Florida trip to go to church this morning.  The sermon was very good this morning. 

After church, Glenda and I went to APPLEBEE'S for lunch.  We had one of the TWO FOR $25 specials, which worked out well, and was very economical.   The chicken was seasoned perfectly and not dry at all.  I brought some of my meal home with me.  

MONDAY June 3rd:  I dropped off some paperwork at the Lockport DSS office and  I went to the library to return a book and pick one up before going to my chiropractic appointment.  Then I went to Aldi to get some juice, since I am tired of drinking iced tea all the time..  I went home for a bit.  Jan called when she was leaving Buffalo so I would know what time she would get to the Y, and I met her there.  We walked for a half or hour so, taking a break in the middle.  In the afternoon, Gail, Ben and Jacob arrived in order to get a small frig that Gail bought for the upstairs apartment.  After they left, I took a nap.  I got up in time to get ready for the painting class at the Y.  I left a bit early and picked up a slice of pizza at Cucimano's.  The class went well. 


This is mine.  When I got home I saw that I had missed one of the small squares.

When I got home, I returned a call to Paula.  She will take me out for lunch on my birthday on Wednesday.  She is going to choose a restaurant in Buffalo, a place I have never been to.   

I decided to strip my bed, wash the sheets and change them.  I found this movie to watch 

TUESDAY the 4th of June

Life Group was kind of poorly attended this morning.  It was very good, though.  After that, five of us met at THE FIELDSTONE for lunch.  Cindi, Karen, Betty, Glenda and me.  I rested at home in the afternoon.  I continued looking for some sweatshirts and pullover hoodies that I put away last fall.  I found the two hoodies and one of the sweatshirts.  I called Paula to ask her to pick me up at the Y tomorrow instead of here.  I will meet with Jan at eleven a.m. to walk the track.

I have been checking every other day to see if there has been a cancellation on FANCHER TRAIL a few days or week after my original Fancher reservation which is too close to my Montreal trip, without any success.  I decided to check Parallel tonight and found one #15, so I reserved it.  This will give me a full week between trips.  I need to cancel the previous week on Fancher.  

WEDNESDAY June 5th:  My SEVENTY FIFTH BIRTHDAY.   There were LOTs of birthday wishes on Faceook.  I met up with Jan at the Y at eleven a.m. and we walked for a half an hour or more, broken up into two segments.  Paula picked me up in front of the Y at noon.  She gave me several suggestions of restaurants to choose from (I asked her to do this since she knows more about the restaurants that are outside of Lockport.  I chose JASMINE

a Thai restaurant on the boulevard in Tonawanda.  We both had PAD THAI and a curry roll.  This restaurant is very nice, and the service was great.  My meal was delicious,

and I could only eat half of it.  It seems that Paula is doing well with her cancer treatments.  She is going to ride in the RIDE FOR ROSWELL, but divide it up into two days instead of doing it all in one day.  In the evening I had several phone calls, people wishing me a Happy Birthday.  I worked on finding the items I need to pack tomorrow for the Ladies Retreat.  I found the movie LITTLE MAN TATE on Hoopla and watched it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024