WEEK of Sunday, July 7th, through Saturday July 13th, 2024

 SUNDAY:  I arrived at church early hoping to have a minute or two to speak with Michael Peacock because he had asked me (via email) to help serve hotdogs after church today.  He was outside talking to the guy who was going to cook the hotdogs on the grill, so I went over and found out that I should leave church a couple of minutes early and come out and serve the hotdogs.  CHURCH WAS REALLY good.  It was the first Sunday of GOING TO THE MOVIES.  The movie Pastor Craig talked about, and showed clips of was THE BOYS IN THE BOAT.  When the worship team came out, I went outside and locked my purse in the car and went over to the hot dog area.  Along with the grill guy (I never got his name), a younger man named Kolbe and an adorable teen girl named Genevieve, the hot dogs were served.  After a while when things had really slowed down, Kerith came out and vaguely suggested that the hot dog service was pretty much over.  Genevieve had left by then, and there were not any customers, so I asked Kolbe if he was OK with me leaving and he said yes.  

I went home and took a nap and changed my shirt and rested until it was time to leave for Mike and Janie's house for Dillan's (my step nephew) graduation party.  I arrived a couple of minutes after four p.m. and was surprised that some guests were already there.  I sat with Janie's parents and Cassy and Chuck.  Peggy and David were kind of late.  The weather was perfect.  Dillan and his friends were shooting hoops next door at Bob Bil's house for much of the time.  Alice and Mike shot hoops for a while and I went over to take pictures.  I did not see Kim's husband Anthony there, he may have had to work (he is on the Lockport Police Force).  

The first course was appetizers, mostly crackers and a blue cheese dip, and small hot dogs in a crockpot.  I tried the blue cheese dip but it was too sharp for me.  The second course was all sorts of salad fixings and chicken cutlets with a sauce to put over them, and rolls for those who wanted to make a chicken sandwich.  The chicken was very tender and the sauce was good.  The third course was a multitude of deserts including Italian Wedding Cakes,


which Janie's Mother said were called Porvolini or something like that.  Everything was VERY good.  I stayed until about seven thirty when Peggy and David left. I gave David their mail.

As I pulled into my driveway, a strange man was leaving my front porch.  It was a representative from GoNetSpeed, the new internet company in town.

MONDAY:  In the morning,  I was unable to connect with the Sleep Test center in order to refer myself in for a SLEEP STUDY.  I called Spectrum hoping that I could get a better price on my internet.  The first man I spoke to was in Wisconsin and he did not seem to know anything, but he connected me to another man who was very helpful and friendly.  Before I hung up, my bill was about fifty dollars less for phone, TV and internet and I had gained a LOT of extra channels including FoxNews and CNN, National Geographic, TLC, the History Channel and more.  I met up with Jan at the Y at 11:15 and we walked a half an hour.  Before going home, I stopped at Aldi and purchased a few items.  I was only  home about fifteen or twenty minutes before the man representing UNITED HEATH CARE showed up.  He was here for more than two and a half hours.  After he left, I retrieved a voice mail from SPECTRUM regarding a problem with keeping my low price for my Lifeline phone.  I tried to resolve that by making a couple of phone calls, but was unable to.  It was close to supper time and I called Peggy to see if she was free for supper.  She was and we met up at WENDY'S and we each had a salad. When I got home, there was a message from the SLEEP STUDY place in Lockport saying I needed a referral from my doctor.  In the evening, I did my homework for tomorrow's Life Group.

TUESDAY:  First thing this morning, I called my doctors office and spoke with someone and gave the name and address of the place in Lockport where sleep studies are done.  Hopefully, this will be taken care of within a day or two and they will call me and set up a time.  I also tried to reach Spectrum about the problem with my LIFELINE credit being removed but I was unsuccessful.  I went to LIFE GROUP and there were about nine of us there, and it was VERY good.  After it was over, Lori, Glenda, Vicky and I went to AGUACATES MEXICAN RESTAURANT for lunch.  Karen joined us when she finished up with her physical therapy appointment.  I had the FAJITAS off of the lunch menu and it was very good.  As we were leaving, Glenda saw this inflated thing so I offered to take her picture, and then our server offered to take a picture of all of us.  





When I got home, I again tried to reach SPECTRUM and was finally able to reach Spectrum and I got my Lifeline credit straightened out.  In the evening, I scanned a bunch of Peggy's pictures from one of her mission trips to Mexico, into her flickr account.  I prepared baked salmon and zucchini marinated in Italian dressing for my supper.   Then I found the PBS Documentary:


  AMERICAN EXPERIENCE: The Boys of 1936.  They are the boys in the movie Craig talked about in church this past Sunday.  

WEDNESDAY:  I met up with Jan at the Y and we walked about 35 minutes.  I stopped at Lil Caeser's and purchased the lunch special.  Four pieces of deep-dish pizza and a bottle of pop.  I worked on scanning Peggy's pictures into her flickr account.  I vacuumed the family room and my bedroom.  My ZUMO was delivered in the afternoon.  For supper I heated up some of the leftover salmon, roasted some potatoes with onions and had more zucchini marinated in Italian dressing.  

THURSDAY:  I went to the OFFICE FOR THE AGING and picked up coupons for fresh produce.  Then I went to Rite-Aid and picked up a prescription and bought some nail files. Then I went to FREEDOM to meet up with Lori.  I straightened up my car while I waited for her.  Then we headed out to Niagara Falls for this event:  
Lori wanted to get some clothing for her grandkids, and I helped her find some and I also found her some pillowcases.  I found a couple of items for myself.  We were given a free lunch of hot dogs and macaroni salad and a drink.  Then we went to HOOVERS to try their homemade ice cream.  I had a sundae with chocolate ice cream, hot fudge sauce, marshmallow sauce, graham cracker bits and whipped cream.  It was HUGE and I did not eat all of it.  Lori had planned on meeting up with a woman in Sanborn (on Lower Mountain Road??) to purchase a couple of lamps, but that did not work out.  We ended up parked in Pekin, waiting for the woman to call and give Lori her address. But the call did not come and we finally headed back to Lockport.  

I took a nap on the couch when I got home.  Later on I worked on scanning Peg's pictures into her flickr account.  I laid out the information about Univera and United Health Care on my dining table and tomorrow morning I will make comparisons.  I worked on organizing my investment information into folders.   

FRIDAY the 12th

Met up with Jan at the Y and we walked a half an hour or a bit more, then we went to SAVE THE MICHAELS for their Ice Cream Social.  I spent the rest of the day at home before meeting up with Lori for this event.  








Unfortunately, when I was backing out after dropping Lori out, I had a run in with some decorative rocks.  I don't know how or why this happened, since I was watching my back up camera/mirror and it told me that I had plenty of room.  I reported it to New York Central Mutual Insurance Company when I got home and was referred to a collision shop not far away.

SATURDAY the 13th

I called and then went into IMAGE COLLISION on Park Avenue  and started the process to have the damage repaired.  I decided to spen the rest of the day at home.  I decided to cook a nice meal for supper and invited Pam to join me.  I prepared honey/ butter carrots in the crockpot. marinaded sliced zucchini, and fried up cabbage and onions and later on added potatoes and sausage and I made garlic toast.  Pam brought small cream puffs for desert.  We were eating our supper when Peggy called to tell me that President Trump had been shot. 

I immediately turned CNN on and Pam and I watched the news, switching off and on to FoxNews and other channels.   We played one game of SCRABBLE, which I won.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023