This was what I saw out the window when I got up. The RUBY PRINCESS had stopped and we were in Skagway! We had breakfast at the Botticelli (I had a soft boiled egg, toast, oatmeal and a banana) and then we returned to our room to get ready for getting off the ship and going to Skagway. We got tickets for Shuttle #10 and went down to wait to be called. Things moved along fairly quickly. The shuttle boat was one of the lifeboats, it took us to the mainland. This is a view of the RUBY PRINCESS from the port. When we arrived we took a shuttle to the downtown area where we walked around a bit. The downtown area has a lot of interesting shops, etc. but we did not have time to go in many of them. Here are a few pictures: We found a geocaches in the library (hooray). And you can see it in this picture that I took. We picked up a few free items from various jewelry stores. There were a lot of jewelry stores, and we did ...
SUNDAY: I took my trash out early today and it was SO HOT, that I felt that my breath had been sucked out of me. I messaged Jan about it, since her asthma really bothers her in hot weather and I knew that she might be better off staying home from church. Church was very good, the Eastmans performed and spoke. After church, Glenda, Andrea, Marlene and I went to THE OLIVE LEAF for lunch. I had the turkey dinner, which was very good even though they did not serve my gravy on the side like I requested. I brought a lot of turkey and also my whole gen salad home. Andrea told us the story about how she and two of her kids along with other people in a church she attended in Ohio went down to New Orleans to help out after Hurricane Katrina. When I got home, I watched part of the four part documentary about it. HURRICANE KATRINA: Race Against Time. Crazy Crust Pie 1 C. flour 1/4 C. sugar 1 tsp. baking powder 1/2 t...
In the morning, I called an antique dealer and asked if he would be interested in looking at the furniture in Mary Anne's cottage. It looks to me as if several pieces are antiques. He is interested, and we will get together soon. On the way to Olcott, I stopped at a donation box and dropped off three or four bags of clothing. Once I got to her cottage, I tackled the kitchen. Betty did not do a good job of straightening out under the sink yesterday so I took everything out and started again. I was able to finish the entire kitchen, but the floor still needs scrubbing. I will need water to do that. Today, I took my own water. I stopped at Reid's and picked up a burger and fries. I took a nap in the afternoon, and when I got up, I reorganized most of my spices. I went to the Royalton Center United Methodist Church for their take out spaghetti supper (first I went to Mary Anne's house to put the trash bins away, but som...
Comments
Post a Comment