Week of Sunday, June 28th through July 4th, 2026
Sunday, June 28th: I skipped church this morning. I just had too much to do. I met up with the other eleven ladies at the gazebo behind Freedom Church a few minutes before eleven a.m. We went to Cusimano's for lunch. I had an American sub with potato chips and a Dr. Pepper. Then we all left for Buffalo (in three cars) to go the play A FEW GOOD MEN, which Cindi's daughter, Renee
was starring in. She had the only female role, the role Demi Moore played in the movie. It was excellent. When we got back to Lockport, I went to Reids and picked up supper before I t went home. After I ate, I called Leslie to confirm that I will arrive at her place tomorrow and we will leave Tuesday morning for Saranac Lake. I worked on packing in the evening. It is so tedious. I could not find the movie A FEW GOOD MEN anywhere on my ROKU TV.
MONDAY June 29th: Time to leave for Auburn. I got the car loaded and left Lockport. I got on the thruway in Depew and stayed on the thruway until I got to Exit 42. I stopped to see CUSTOM AUTO, which I had seen information about on Facebook. The mailing address is Seneca Falls, NY, but I think it is not really in Seneca Falls. I took a lot of pictures. It is a really neat place. I think basically, it is the owners collection of interesting things. When I pulled in, there were two men standing and talking. I rolled my window down and one of them approached my car and I asked if it would be OK if I parked my car and walked around, and he said it was OK, so that is what I did.
A guy was painting this vintage trailer and I stopped to look and talk to him: I think he thought I was interested in purchasing it. We talked for several minutes and he showed me the inside of it.
I got to Leslie's place about three p.m. and she helped me get my stuff up into her apartment. We went to KFC for supper. We really did not do anything in the evening. I started reading the book I got from Peggy, it is the book about the life of Anne Frank. I think it is a young peoples book, but it has a lot of information in it, as well as photographs.
TUESDAY: We left Leslie's place around nine a.m. and headed to the Adirondacks. We stopped and picked up lunch items at a convenience store in ______________. We ended up in Boonville at lunch time and did not see any parks or picnic areas, so Leslie pulled into a parking lot for a bowling alley and ate our lunch there.Almost as soon as we entered the Adirondacks, it started to rain and it poured until we got to Saranac Lake, Our motel room (Sara Placid, room 9) is nice, but not spectacular. It is well laid out, with sufficient room to get around in. It is on a small lake, I think the name of it is FLOWER LAKE. I immediately uploaded yesterdays pictures that I took at CUSTOM AUTO into my Flickr account. We went out to a couple of stores and picked up items for supper and for breakfast tomorrow morning. We microwaved CHICKEN A La King in our room for supper. It was not very good and I did not eat all of it. We took a walk around the motel to find the ice machine. It is in the small office and it is a very small ice machine. I took a shower. Leslie picked out a sappy movie to watch, so I spent time online. The wifi here at SARA PLACID is very good.
WEDNESDAY the first of July. We had breakfast in our room. Breakfast sandwiches from Aldi and a banana for me. Then we looked for the Visitors Center in Saranac Lake, and could not find it. So, we went right up to Tupper Lake and arrived early at the WILD CENTER. We drove around Tupper Lake a bit just to see it (since it was pouring rain yesterday). We spent a few hours walking the trails to find the TROLLS. It was a terribly hot day and I was sweating and turning red in the face. I would have enjoyed doing this much more on a cool fall day. BUT, it is what it is. 
had lunch in the cafe and went into to the museum, and then we went to the History Museum in Tupper Lake, and then headed back to Saranac Lake and went to the Saranac Laboratory Museum. Here are a couple of pictures which I took on my phone:
The CURE PORCH is on this house, which was Dr. Trudeau's home. Presently, they are making it into part of the Saranac Laboratory Museum.
Then we went back to our lodging. I immediately took a cool shower and felt wonderful after it. We rested a bit and then went out for supper at A-1 China Buffet. It was really good! When we got back to our room, we worked on figuring out how to get the Adventure Lab app on my phone. I think I finally have it. Leslie wants to spend the day in Lake Placid tomorrow and do one or both of the Adventure Labs.
We found Leslie's phone charger. When I picked up my two chargers (phone and camera) off of her kitchen table, after I used them, I accidentally picked up her charger. Hooray! Another cool thing happened tonight in our motel room. I figured out how to move pictures from my phone into Flickr. When I was at the Saranac Laboratory Museum today, the battery on my phone died so I had to switch to using my camera to take pictures. But now I know how to move pictures on my phone to Flickr. ANOTHER HOORAY.
THURSDAY, July 2nd: ANOTHER very hot day, but perhaps a bit cooler than yesterday. Our lodging's ice machine ran out of ice. We went to a nearby Mobile station and there was half of a broken open bag left in the box out in front and the manager let me have it for free, but we also went somewhere else and got a small bag of ice. Then we headed to Lake Placid. Our first stop was at the OLYMPIC MUSEUM,
which is also where we started an ADVENTURE LAB. We were unable to complete it since we could not find the plaque for the Olympic Flame. Even though we found the flame, it seemed to us that maybe the plaque was in the ground and someone had set up a booth over it. Then we went to Lake Placid Olympic Ski Jumping Complex and rode a gondola up to a spot where we took an elevator even higher, for good views. Then to the John Brown Farm where we completed an Adventure Lab.
Then back to our lodging for a couple of hours and then out to supper at a really neat BBQ place. TAIL O' the Pup.. We had to wait in line for a bit in order to get a table and order our food. I had the LOBSTER ROLL. It was on a nice toasted roll, opposed to the soft roll that I have had in the past.We ate at one of these picnic tables under a shelter. (it had been raining)
There are several shops in the back, behind the restaurant and the shelter.
Also, cabins that are rented out to travellers.
There was live music at first, and then recorded music. I would definitely go to this place again if I am ever in the area. It is more than a restaurant, it is an experience! I would even consider staying in one of their cabins. (if they have air conditioning).
FRIDAY July 3rd: Time to leave the Adirondacks! After breakfast ien our room, we loaded up Leslie's car and started our drive from Saranac Lake to Auburn. We stopped at SECOND LAKE and I took a couple of pictures
and we also stopped at Tupper Lake and I took pictures.Further south on 28, we saw a sign for GREAT CAMP SAGAMORE, so we turned and drove down a long dirt road, perhaps a mile. We went into the gift shop which is in one of the original buildings
but we were not able to go into the camp itself, but I hope to some day. The traffic moving into the Adirondack Park (going north) was very heavy around Inlet, Thendara and Old Forge. Once we got out, we stopped for a quick lunch at a Burger King and then continued on towards Auburn. We had a couple of hours to rest after we got back to Leslie's apartment and before we left. Went to Emerson Park for the Syracuse Symphony and fireworks, met Leslie's friend (and co-worker) Patty. I really enjoyed both the music and the fireworks. I took several pictures of the fireworks but only one was worth saving.It was a great evening, one of those nights that you don't want to end! I thought about suggesting that the three of us go out for pizza but didn't.
SATURDAY July 4th: I slept pretty good last night. Leslie and I decided to go out and do Adventure Labs. First we wentt to Wegmans for something for supper, took back to her place to put in frig. Then out to do the labs. We went to Jordan to do a lab and look for a couple of geocaches. I had not remembered that I stopped in Jordan in 2012 on the way to Lockport (when Dad was sick) and had already found two geocaches there. We completed the lab in Jordan, which was very neat. I loved seeing the park that has been put in the old empty canal bed. It is really gorgeous. Then we went to Weedsport to do an adventure lab that mostly involved finding murals. We think one of them has been painted over so we couldn't complete it. We spent the rest of the day at Leslie's apartment. We watched the movie DOC HOLLYWOOD (I loved it) and played a couple of games of SEQUENCE. We went to bed a little earlier than usual.



























Comments
Post a Comment