WEEK of Sunday, July 12th through Saturday, July 18th, 2026

SUNDAY:   I slept fairly well last night, and got up to the news that Senator Lindsey Graham passed away last evening, after a brief illness. MEET THE PRESS seems to be devoting their whole hour to this issue.  President Trump is on the phone LIVE with the hostess, Kristen________.  He is speaking so presidentially, not at all rambling like he is prone to do.  Church was good and then eight of us went to Wendy's for lunch.  Glenda, Carol, Louise, Marlene, me Peggy, Jan and Lori.  After that, Lori, Marlene and I went on part of the Garden Walk.  We started with Dr. Kurbs house and then went to four or five other homes. The temperature was fairly comfortable, which was good. I took several pictures. This is Marlene at Dr. Kurb's place.  


These two are from my favorite garden, which is in a front yard on East Avenue.  






 Then Marlene drove Lori and back to Wendy's where we had left our cars.  I gave Marlene five dollars for gas.  When I got home,  I found the first episode of the NEW Little House on the Prairie on Netflix.  I binge watched the whole first season.  I like it, but I am not sure that I LOVE it.  I don't think I will watch season two.

MONDAY:  I spent several hours at BASIL TOYOTA while I had various stuff done on my car:  oil change, tires rotated, alignment, brake work.  When I left it was lunch time and I was so hungry.  All I wanted was a good burger, so I went to APPLEBEEs and had their ten dollar bacon cheeseburger meal with endless fries and endless drink.  I didn't need either of the endless items.  I wasn't even able to finish my first serving of fries, which were really good.  I spent the rest of the day at home and did not accomplish much.  I called Dee McDonnel and left a voice mail.  I registered Marlene and I for two painting classes at HOPE AND WELLNESS RECOVERY.  I looked up information on the Titanic exhibit in Cleveland that Peggy asked me to go to with her.  

TUESDAY:  After Life Group, six of us went to MOLINARO's for lunch.  I had one of the lunch specials: a small eggplant Parm sandwich, which came with a salad and a bottle of pop (Cherry coke, which I brought home).  Then I went to the DALE to give blood.  This giving blood experience was not as easy as past experiences.  It really hurt when the tech put the needle in.  Then partway through the giving, I started feeling light headed.  It must have shown because the tech asked how I was doing and when I told her, they put a cold cloth on my forehead and one on my neck.  The feeling passed. When I got up from the reclining position and sat on the side of the table, I told a different tech that I felt a little bit shaky and she had me recline again for a bit before going to the "canteen" for a drink and a snack. I was told to take it easy for the rest of the week, which I think is different from what I have been told in the past.I didn't stay the whole fifteen minutes since I had to go to the bathroom SOON (even though I used the Dale Ladies Room before going to the Red Cross room).   But I made it home fine and then sat on the couch for a while, until I realized that I was falling asleep, so around four p.m. I went in and took a nap.  Before leaving the DALE, I made an appointment to give blood again in September.  I think I will keep it, but if I have the same experience, I will call a halt to giving blood. Peggy called in the evening and we set dates to go to Cleveland for the Titanic exhibit.  

WEDNESDAY:   yesterday, I texted Andrea and Peggy and suggested that we get together at FREEDOM for prayer this morning.  We met up at ten thirty.  We had close to an hour together before Andrea had to leave to take care of her twin granddaughters.   Peggy and I stayed and talked a bit.  Before going home, I went to PANERA and got a drink, to NorthWest Bank to get some cash, to Walgreens to pick up my Viberzi and also to Niagara Produce where I got a few groceries.  While I was going to those places, I noticed that the sky was a strange color.  It was due to the fires in Canada. Someone posted this picture in one of the Facebook Lockport pages.

The air quality today was SO poor, and I anticipate that it will continue tomorrow. I spent the rest of the day home.  I am still lacking in energy.  The staff at the Red Cross blood donation place told me to take it easy for the rest of the week, so I guess that is what I am doing.  In the evening, I posted pictures of Tail O' the Pig, the place where Leslie and I had supper on our last evening in the Adirondacks.  

THURSDAY I stripped my bed including the two pads I have under my sheets, and started laundering them. I started ribs in the crockpot and I asked Andrea if she would like to come over for supper.  She said yes and will bring a key lime pie.  I looked for a quick and easy BBQ sauce recipe online and found one that is basically 3/4 cup of ketchup, half cup brown sugar and 4 teaspoons of white vinegar.  The recipe calls for NO cooking, just stirring it all together.  I decided to cook it for a bit anyways, and added some of my favorite sweet pepper relish and some honey mustard.  I invited Andrea for supper and she said yes!  We will have tuna/macaroni salad, bbq ribs, sliced fresh tomato, pickled zucchini and garlic toast, and the pie that Andrea will bring.  Key Lime Pie!!!!!

Andrea and I had a nice supper together and.  then played two games of BANANAGRAMS. She has a very good command of words and won the first game and I think we tied on the second one.  Shortly after she left, I watched President Trump's speech on TV.

FRIDAY:  I went to Cayuga Day Hab for a meeting regarding Carrie's program and living situation.  It went very well.  Then I decided to go to the Y for a half hour workout.  Then I went to Panera and got a drink and then to Lil Caesers to pick up their lunch special.  I had my lunch at home.  Peggy came over to get the microwave from upstairs and I asked her to bring up one of Christa's boxes.  I have been going through the box she brought up.  Unfortunately, Christa's GLOW WORM which she wanted has mold on it.  I sent her a picture of it and she agreed that I can throw it out.  In the evening, I took multiple pictures out of albums, discarding some and setting the rest aside for Christa.  I also finished posting pictures from my recent trip to the Adirondacks with Leslie to FB. 

SATURDAY: In the morning, I worked on going through Christa's photo albums and taking out most for her, some for Meg, etc.  Cindi and I arranged to meet up at noon at the Community Market and the Chalk Walk, but it started to rain so we didn't go.  I had a nice nap and when I got up I got ready to go to the PALACE for WEST SIDE STORY.  Elaine picked me up and we got a pretty good parking spot.  The play was very good BUT the best thing was that I won the fifty/fifty!   $165.00.   I gave forty dollars back to the Palace and I gave Elaine fifteen dollars to cover her ticket, leaving me with $110.00.  
I bought ten dollars worth of tickets for the fifty/fifty



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)

October 20,2020