Week of Sunday July 19th through Saturday July 25th, 2026

 SUNDAY:  Church was really good today.  It was LET'S GO TO THE MOVIES, and Pastor Craig used one of the newer Superman movies.  There was free popcorn and cookies.  After that Peggy held an event at PARKSIDE DINER across from Day Road Park for the seniors. I purchased a foot long hotdog and sweet potato fries.  The fries were not all that good.  I think she said 32 people were present.  It went very well.  Russ and Chris and Vicki led in hymn singing.  

               Peggy announced a future event at the North Campus.  
MONDAY:  I puttered around the house, doing a few things in the morning.  Then I met up with Jan at the Y and we walked a half an hour.  I spent the rest of the day at home, taking a nap.  I invited Jan, Andrea and Lori to go to the Monday Night Cruise/Live Music event at Ida Fritz park.  Only Lori could go.  We had a nice time.  I bought a burger and a bottle of water which was my supper.  I bought five dollars worth of fifty/fifty tickets and so did Lori.  Neither of us won.  We went to JoJo's for ice cream before returning to my house.  I had,  REAL chocolate custard with marshmallow sauce on top and I took a few pills with it,  So far so good.

TUESDAY:  Life Group was very good and then a bunch of us went to CUSIMANO's for lunch.  I had the steak sandwich, which was pretty good, but not exceptional.  After that I went to PANERA and got a drink and then to the post office to get some boxes.  When I got home, Peggy was getting an old school desk out of the garage, and I helped her get it into the back of her car.  Then she brought up several boxes labelled with CHRISTA out of the basement.  We thought we had found all of Christa's stored stuff until about two weeks ago when she went a bit deeper into the basement and saw them.  Luckily for me, they are all small NOT huge storage bins. I had a nice long nap and then found the movie ARLINGTON ROAD on FILMRISE, TRUE CRIME.  But it is not really a true crime.  Then I contacted Vicki, Lori and Andrea in order to work out getting to Barker Seniors tomorrow.  

WEDNESDAY:  Vicki joined me at my house and I drove us to Barker for Barker Seniors.  Marlene was already there, and the three of us sat together.  Marlene and I gave our ten dollar deposits for the October day trip to the STATLER Hotel in Buffalo for a Mystery event. Vicki and I did the exercises class with Sandy, and then it was time for the LADIES FIRST QUARTET to entertain us. 



They were VERY good, singing some patriotic songs and having us sing along with a couple of them.  We were expecting turkey salad sandwiches for lunch, but instead got peanut butter and jelly.  Something to  do with how some fresh vegetables could be contaminated and spreading the explosive diarrhea that people have been experiencing.  I don't know why they couldn't prepare turkey salad without using fresh vegetables.......?  When I got home, there was a FB message from Lori saying she could pick up supper at Emmanuel Methodist Church and bring it over and we could watch a movie.  I agreed, but then she had an invitation to go to Clarence for the BPO.  However, she still picked up supper, which was a cold meal.  It was very good:  tuna salad, Mac salad, potato chips and lemon cake.  It was a LOT of food and I loaned Lori an insulated bag and some ice packs so that she could take her extra food with her and it won't spoil.  She asked if I want to go to the Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village on Saturday.  I said yes, and I also invited Marlene and Pam to join us.  Normally, there is a large entrance fee to this outside museum, but now it is free (temporarily).

THURSDAY  the 23rd:  Andrea, Peggy and I met at FREEDOM, and we sat at the picnic tables in the shelter out back.  We spent about an hour praying for our children, grandchildren and nieces and nephews salvation.  Then I went to PANERA, Dollar Tree and WalMart for stuff I needed.  When I got home, I had lunch and then took a nap.  When I got up, I worked on sorting through two boxes of Christa's stuff and showing her pictures of some items and asking if she wanted them.  I have some items to donate, I threw some stuffs away and I have almost a full post office box ready to take to the USPS to mail to her.  I still have two boxes of her Christmas stuff to go through.  

FRIDAY the 24th:  in the morning I finished getting a box ready to send to Christa.  I took it to the post office and had to pay $34.00 to send it to her.  Then I went to the Hope and Wellness Recovery Cafe for the painting class.  There were five "students" Lori, Marlene, me Corinne and her daughter.  The leader Lisa got Lorie and Corinne and her daughter started on a project and taught Marlene and I technique.  I had been through that before, but really never felte that I mastered it, and I didn't master it today.  Then I started my project.  Unfortunately, the colors I needed were not available. 
I started this but did not have time to finish.  I need to remember to bring it next Friday, so I can complete it.


This guy named Norman kept coming in and asking if we needed anything.  Someone referred to him as Storming Norman. 
Lori and her project.  


  Marlene painted this birdhouse.  

I spent the rest of the day at home.  I made spaghetti for supper, using a boxed item I got at Dollar Tree and adding in some meat of my own.  I do NOT like the sauce!  UGH.  I showered and washed my hair and then found the movie RANDOM HEARTS on the ROKU channel.  

SATURDAY the 25th of July, 2026.  I DID NOT sleep well last night.  It was the worst nights sleep that I have had in quite a while.  Shortly after I got up, I decided that I would need the caffeine in DR. PEPPER to get the the day, IF I was going to do what I had planned to do:  go to the Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village with Lori and Marlene.  So after I was ready for the day, I left early in order to go to PANERA for a Dr. Pepper.  I also had time to go to Dollar Tree and get napkins, which I forgot to get the last time I was there.  Then I went to FREEDOM CHURCH to meet up with Lori and Marlene.  I was a few minutes early but they both arrived on time and I offered to drive.  I had written up mapquest directions how to get there, but Marlen wanted to go on a less complicated route, so I told her to tell me how to get there.  It was an easy route and we got to the museum in time for the eleven thirty a.m. opening of the new exhibit THE ERIE CANAL:  Corridor of Change. 

We got good seats and refreshments before it started.  It was fairly short and interesting. 

When it was finished I suggested that we go to the OUTSIDE part of the museum while it might be a cooler part of the day, and because I thought that most people who were there for the ceremony would go into the new exhibit.  Turns out, they didn't.  We went outside and the first thing we did was find seats and listen to the RED BLAZERS MEN'S CHORUS performance. 

Then Marlene and I went to a few of the buildings, but Lori only went to the church, which I think was the building I liked the most today.   The 1854 Transit Road Church, still has some of the original pews!
And some beautiful stained glass windows.

BUFFALO NIAGARA HERITAGE VILLAGE (Amherst, NY)  7/25/26 and then returned to listen to the music.  It started to get really hot, so I told Marlene that I wanted to get Lori and go inside.  Once inside, we went to the new exhibit and several of the other exhibits.  I am not sure we saw all of them, but we were getting tired so we finished up.  Unfortunately, both Marlene and Lori spent a lot of time in the gift shop.  I do not know why.  UGH.   After leaving the museum, I offered to use my fifty dollar gift card for the VILLAGE EATERY if they wanted to go there for lunch.  They did, so I dropped them both off at FREEDOM (the parking lot in the front was full of cars and we decided that something was going on that we had not been invited to.) We met up at the VILLAGE EATERY.  We got a large salad, that we split up between the three of us.  Marlene ordered a piece of salmon and a cup of soup, and Lori and I each had a personal pan pizza. The pizza was very good. Everything was good and the bill came to fifty dollars and 40 cents, which I paid and Lori and Marlene put a ten dollar tip down.  When I got home I started a load of laundry and uploaded my pictures to flickr.

MONDAY:  I spent the day at home and accomplished a few things, but not much.  I messaged Lori and asked if she would want to come over in the evening to watch a movie.  She offered to bring supper and I agreed.  She arrived on time (six p.m) with macaroni salad, chicken, and a can of green beans.  I told her I hate green beans and instead I sliced a cucumber and marinated it in Italian dressing while we watched the first half of STILL HOPE.  We both liked the movie.  

TUESDAY:  it was a small group at Life Group this morning, since Andrea, Linda S., Linda E., and Kelly are at Darien Lake for the huge music festival.  After that, a few of us went to Applebee's for lunch: Cindi, me, Karen, Glenda and Carol and Pam.  I had the quesidilla burger which was good, but it was a bit greasy.  I spent the rest of the day at home.  Leslie called in the early evening and said she would like to come to Lockport this weekend, in order to go to an event at the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge.  She will arrive on Friday in time for supper and stay until Sunday.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)

Wednesday, August 19, 2020