Week of Sunday July 5th through Saturday July 11th, 2026

 SUNDAY:   I decided yesterday that coming home today (Sunday) instead of Monday like I (kind of) originally planned might be best.  I was running out of clean clothing and also, I was getting that "longing for home" feeling.  I left Leslie's place a little bit after eight a.m. (I think) and got on the thruway and stayed on the thruway until I got to the very last exit (Lockport/Depew).  I had stopped a couple of times to use a rest room and also, I got a medium Dr. Pepper (ugh over four dollars) at one of the thruway plazas, but I do not remember which one.  As I approached Lockport, I decided to make a few stops.  First, I filled up with gas at the "cheaper" place.  But gas was cheaper around Auburn.  I went to Chiavetta's and purchased a half a chicken, and to Panera for a drink, and then to Mark's for a slice of pizza.  When I got home (about 12:20 p.m.) I had the pizza for my lunch.  I found out that my internet was not working, so I had to call Spectrum twice.  The last tech got it up and going immediately.  Then I started a load of laundry.  I spent the rest of the day at home.  Mary brought my mail down and left it on the porch.  I had half of the half chicken from Chiavetta's for supper along with a baked potato and baked beans.  

MONDAY:  I went with Elaine to the Palace Theatre where we purchased tickets for the upcoming play WEST SIDE STORY.  She had a coupon for a BUY ONE GET ONE free.  After she dropped me off, I went out to do my errands.  WalGreens first for picking up two prescriptions, then to the USPS where I mailed a package of photographs to Christa, and then to Peg and David's house to pick up their mail.  Then I decided to get lunch at SUBWAY.  Then to PANERA for a drink and then to ALDI for a few groceries.  I spent the rest of the day at home.  I made a potato salad, and marinated zucchini slices which I prepared on the grill pan.  I had some of the Chiavetta's chicken for supper, but I still have some left!  I did a few reviews on tripadvisor and worked more on unpacking.  Still a bit to do, stuff on my dining area table waiting to be put away.  

TUESDAY July 7th.  After Life Group this morning, eight of us went to THE FIELDSTONE for lunch.  I had the shrimp basket and salad bar.  The cream of mushroom soup was really good.  I had a nap in the afternoon and then went to the library for Jim Boles presentation about the Lockport caves. 

It was mostly a slide show presentation.
 

It was very interesting and there were a LOT of people there, except for one LORI, she had the time wrong and arrived when it was all over.  She texted me and I invited her to come over and she and I watched a movie on ANGEL.  

WEDNESDAY:  Lori did not get up in time to get ready for BARKER SENIORS.  I almost decided to skip it, but since I had invited Marlene, I felt I should go even though I didn't know if she was going to go.  However, she came in while I was doing the exercises. Carole Marie Fuller wanted to ask me some questions about my Alaska trip last September since she will be going on the August cruise/land tour with the Barker Seniors.  The BREAD MAN gave a presentation about how he makes bread and gives it away, and everyone got a free loaf of bread.

His name is Chet Fery, and he is from Brockport.
 

After I left Barker, I went to the Office for the Aging and got coupons for fresh produce and to Tom's Diner to pick up maps for the Garden Walk this coming weekend.  I spent the rest of the day at home.  I messaged Julie Diel about the upcoming Movers and Makers luncheon or picnic, and am hoping she gets my text.  

THURSDAY July 9th:  I tried to get someone to agree to meet up with me at the Y to walk the track, but nobody was available.  I had a problem getting to my chiropractic appointment.  Davison Road was closed at both places where I could have gone through to get to Dr. Kurbs office.  I finally gave up and called Dr. Kurb and he told me to just say I had a doctor appointment.  This worked and I got there OK.  Then I went to the Y where I alternated walking the track and using the recumbent bike for a half hour.  Then I went to PANERA to get a drink. Before I used the kiosk, I asked a girl who was putting out baked goods if there were any free samples available today.  She said no, but then she came over to the kiosk and told me that if I ask for the FREE LOAF GIVEAWAY, I could get a free loaf of bread.  This worked and I brought home a HUGE loaf of bread.  I told two senior ladies in the dining room about this, and also messaged Pam and Peggy about it.  I went to WalMart to get some Bisquick and bananas and of course, I got more than that, including a four dollar six inch sub at SUBWAY.  This time I tried the salami and ham and it was very good. I had lunch at home and called Marlene to see if she wanted to come for supper tonight.  She said yes, so I went ahead and made a chocolate cream pie for desert before laying down for a nap.  Supper was open face steak/cheese/onion sandwiches (using the bread I got free at Panera), potato salad and baked beans.  After supper, we went over various ideas for coming trips.  I called Carol Fuller about the trip to Buffalo on October 5th, which is a mystery dinner at the Statler hotel.  Marlene and I have to make our ten dollar deposits for this .  

FRIDAY the 10th:   First thing today I started thinking about the Garden Walk, and should I just go alone or ask someone.  I texted Andrea and she agreed right away to pick me up at 7:30 after her meeting.  I went to my six month checkup with Dr. Fetterman and it went well.  Then I met up with Marlene at the Kenan Center for the I WAS THERE UNKNOWN STORIES OF VIETNAM.  It is a very good exhibit.  




This man was in my high school graduation class (1967)







 
Earlier today, I asked Andrea if she was busy this evening.  She had a meeting o go to and agreed to pick me up when she was done.  We went to three of the gardens open tonight.  The first was on Earnest Road and the other two were on High Street. It was my first time seeing the one on Earnest Drive.






Then we decided to get something to eat.  Short Street bar had already shut their kitchen down.  Attitudes was crowded and had loud music, so we ended up at Sub Delicious where we shared a quesadilla.  It was not all that good.

SATURDAY:
In the morning, I did not have any energy, but I did manage to make my bed and start a load of laundry.  And, I ran the dishwasher.  I worked a bit on sorting through the small piles of papers that have accumulated in various places, and got rid of a lot.   

I prepared creamed chipped beef with peas over toast for supper.  It didn't seem to have as much flavor as it always did with mushrooms in it.  I found the movie CHASING SECRETS in the evening on the ROKU channel.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)

Sunday, February 13th, 2022