Week of August 23rd through 29th, 2026

 SUNDAY  I did not pick Jan up for church this morning because she called and said she slept very poorly and did not feel well enough to go to church.  Church was very good and after six of us went to Applebee's for lunch.  It was me, Glenda, Carol, Cindi, Marlene and Louise.  Glenda ordered a steak, but it was overcooked and tough, so she told the server that she could not eat it, and asked for grilled chicken instead.  Louise and Marlene both ordered mashed potatoes but got french fries instead.  Carol did not eat her salad because the dressing tasted strange.  I think I was the only one whose meal came as ordered.  Cindi did not order anything, since she and her husband usually go to the Mayflower for lunch on Sunday and he stayed after church for a safety meeting.   I stopped at PANERA for a drink before coming home.  I was just getting ready to take a nap when Mary called and we talked for about forty five minutes, I think.  She called to tell me that she does not want to pay the prices that GREAT CAMP SAGAMORE charges for lodging.  I spent the rest of the day at home.  I arranged (via text) to meet up with Cindi at the History Center tomorrow for the art exhibit.  I watched the movie: THE GIRL IN THE GARAGE:  The Laura Cowan Story, and it is very good.  

MONDAY:  I went early to my appointment with Dr. Kurb's so I finished up early and called Cindi to tell her I was free to go to the History Center for the art show.  I met her there at eleven a.m.  She was disappointed, she thought it would be a much larger show with lots more art.  After viewing the artwork, we went into the gift shop and looked around.  We met the new director of the History Center and he is very nice.  Cindi was looking through the t shirts for ten dollars, and trying to get the right sizes for her kids and grandkids, so I told her I was going to head for home.  I had lunch at home and then took a nap and read for a while.  When I got up, I saw that the Monday night cruise with Elvis impersonator was cancelled due to the weather.  Lori offered to bring supper over and I accepted.  I made  quick and easy cherry cobbler for our desert.  Lori brought pork ribs, rice and corn on the cob.  Everything was good.  We watched the movie THE GLASS CASTLE.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)

Sunday, February 13th, 2022