Week of Sunday, August 30th through Saturday, September 5th, 2026
SUNDAY: It was FREEDOM IN THE FIELD Sunday and even though rain was predicted at the same time as our service, they did not cancel. I picked Jan up and we got to church early and got good seats under one of the canopies. Dee and Louise joined us. Jen opened the service.
The worship team performed under the shelter.Jen and Craig worked together to give the message.
It was good that many people had umbrellas.
There were several baptisms even though it was raining lightly.
After the service, we all we
went inside to line up for TACOS and desert.
On the way back to Jan's apartment, I remembered (when I saw it) that the MOVING WALL was on display at the Kenan Center. So we went to see it. Jan was able to find the name of the son of a friend of hers. He never came home, and his mother passed away without knowing what happened to him.
When I got home, I messaged Lori about the event at HOOVERS that we were going to go to. It was cancelled. I took a nap. In the evening I started watching THE ODDYSEY on Hoopla.MONDAY August 31st: I did not go out today at all. I worked on my homework for Bible Study and puttered around the house. I read some of Leslie's book and actually, I was reading it when she called to see how I was doing with it. I packed up some of the knick knacks that I am keeping. In the evening I showered, washed my hair and soaked my toes in vinegar water, and then I read more of Leslie's book. I also did a small load of laundry.
TUESDAY: I went to Cindi's Bible Study this morning. Our group was a bit smaller than usual. Seven of us went to THE FIELDSTONE for lunch I had the baked fish and brought some home. I spent the rest of the day at home. I read several pages of Leslie's book, while listening to Andrea Bocelli on YouTube.
WEDNESDAY: It rained quite heavily around nine a.m. for several minutes. When Andrea texted that she would be late in arriving at my house for prayer this morning, I decided to take advantage of my extra time. I washed the windows on the east side of my front porch. They look good. I also swept the porch. Peg and Andrea both arrived around nine thirty a.m. and we spent close to an hour in prayer for family members and others.
Both Linda and Andrea decided that they will not be going to Allegany with me in October, even though both of them initially said they would. I am disappointed, and will make an effort to find someone else to accompany me, but if I am not successful, I will cancel and get a refund. I had an early nap since there was the possibility that I would be going with Lori to Newfane for live music and farmers market. However, the music was cancelled due to poor weather so we decided not to go. There are tornado watches and warnings for Niagara County. It looks like (according to Channel Four) Lockport will not be getting some of the worst of it. I prepared my supper early just in case we lose power. We did not lose power, but I think some homes in Newfane and Olcott may ha
THURSDAY: I had a ten thirty appointment with my new gynecologist this morning. I decided it was time to check out the intermittent swelling in my right arm between my wrist and elbow, so I called to make an appointment. I was a given an appointment in the early afternoon. Peggy called and suggested that I go over to her house to look at the can of leftover paint she has in their basement. I agreed to do that between the appointments. However, while I was in the waiting for my gyn. appointment, one of the nurses came out and asked if I would like to change to an appointment with Chenise after my gyn. appointment. I agreed to that, and a few minutes after my gyn. appointment, I was taken back for the appointment with Chenise. The nurse accidentally took me to the wrong room and mentioned Maureen a couple of times. I said "aren't I supposed to see Chenise?" She realized she had made a mistake and took me to a different room. Chenise looked at my arm and said she would order a Doppler STAT even though she does not think the swelling does not have to do with a blood clot. I was able to get a 9:30 appointment tomorrow. After leaving the hospital, I went to Panera for a drink, to the Dollar Tree for ketchup and then to TACO BELL for their special ONLY TODAY, two dollar lunch, which was very good. Then I went to WalGreens and picked up three prescriptions and then to Niagara Produce for a couple of items. I spent the rest of the day at home.
FRIDAY> I went to the hospital for the Doppler of my arm. Nothing showed up. Then I went to the Y and did a half hour workout....a few times around the track alternating with some time on the recumbent bike. I had been concerned that I would not be able to do what I used to do (before my fall). However, I don't think that I lost any ground. I called Peggy to see if she was home. She wasn't but we agreed to meet there in a half hour or so. I went to the post office and mailed Leslie's manuscript back to her, and some pictures to Travis. Then I met up with Peggy and showed her the picture of the room painted with ICY BLUE paint. I asked Peg if she wanted to go out to lunch and we started to brainstorm where to go and I thought of MILLERS. David decided to join us and we took my car. It was a beautiful day for a ride. We got sandwiches and ate them there, and then headed back to Lockport. David invited me to supper. I went home and took a nap and then returned to their house for salmon, lobster bisque, scallops, shrimp and corn on the cob. Then we watched an episode of I SHOULD NOT BE ALIVE.
SATURDAY: In the morning, Lori and I communicated via text and Facebook private message about going to the Kenan Center for the open house. However, she fell asleep and I could not get an answer from her about what time. Andrea called and asked if I wanted to go to Olcott for a big car show. I said yes, and them messaged Lori that we could do both, first go to the Kenan Center and then to Olcott, but since she was still sleeping, she did not get the message in time. At any rate, Lori came here and Andrea picked us up a few minutes after two p.m. We went to Olcott and had to park kind of far from where the car show was. We had a really good time even though a lot of the cars had already left (we saw them on the way there). It was kind of hot and Lori and I sat on the porch of YE OLD LOG CABIN
for part of the time while Andrea checked out the cars. I took a lot of pictures of the many cars:
I wanted to play SKEE BALL, but there were too many people waiting their turn, so I decided to skip it. After much discussion, we decided to go to MANITO'S for supper before returning to Lockport. I had the NACHO'S and brought half or more home with me. Lori was not overly happy with her quesadilla, but she liked her drink: the HORCHATA. I had that too, and it was sooooo good.
for part of the time while Andrea checked out the cars. I took a lot of pictures of the many cars:
I wanted to play SKEE BALL, but there were too many people waiting their turn, so I decided to skip it. After much discussion, we decided to go to MANITO'S for supper before returning to Lockport. I had the NACHO'S and brought half or more home with me. Lori was not overly happy with her quesadilla, but she liked her drink: the HORCHATA. I had that too, and it was sooooo good.




Comments
Post a Comment