WEEK of Sunday, September 6th through Saturday September 7th, 2026

 SUNDAY:  Church was very good.  Eight of us decided to go out to lunch at LaPorts.  However, when the first few of us got to LaPorts, it was clear that we would have had to wait a really long time.  LaPorts is not really set up for large groups.  They have accommodated us before when they were less crowded, but it did not appear that would work today.  We decided on THE BIG DITCH and I texted Lori, Andrea and Marlene.  Marlene decided not to join us.  So, it was Vicki, me, Glenda, Peggy, Lori, Jan and Andrea.  

I spent the rest of the day at home. It took a long time in the evening to work out the plans for tomorrow, for Lori, me, Vicki and Andrea to go to Olcott for the Teddy Roosevelt impersonator event.  We will meet up at my house at eleven, we will each bring our own lunch.  Andrea has a commitment in the evening and wants to leave Olcott by four p.m.

MONDAY:  Andrea is sick, so she cancelled out going to Olcott today.  I called Jan to ask if she wanted to go, but she said no.  I made egg salad and then a sandwich using it, and packed my lunch in my small cooler.  Vicki and Lori arrived a few minutes after eleven a.m.  Then I drove us to Olcott.  We found a good parking spot and got to the Village Shoppes just as COFFEE WITH TEDDY was wrapping up.  We had our lunch at a very nice spot on the deck at the west end of the shops.  Teddy stopped by our table to greet us, and stayed long enough for us to get pictures.



  Then we spent some time checking the shops out and I took this picture of the lake.

  This did not interest me much, so I told Lori that I was going to walk down to see if the amusement park was open.  When I got there, there was an announcement that in a few minutes, TEDDY BEAR TIME would start, so I went back and told Lori and Vicki and we headed back to CAROUSEL PARK.   We got seats, but missed the first couple of minutes of the program.  Then Vicki and I went and played SKEE BALL for a few minutes.  Then I suggested that we head down to the OLDE LOG CABIN, and they agreed, but we stopped for ice cream.  I had to walk back to the car to get my LACTAID pills. I enjoyed my small dish of Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream.  When we finished our ice cream, we continued our walk to the log cabin.  We sat in a nearby shelter for a while.  When I noticed that the lone picnic table in front of the log cabin was vacant, I told Lori and Vicki and we got over there as quick as possible in order to claim it.  So we had a very good spot in which to watch and hear Teddy Roosevelt.  

Teddy showed up shortly and he gave a long talk about his life experiences.  It was very interesting and I enjoyed it. 



I could see that Lori was tired, so I offered to go get my car and return to pick her up.  Vicki wanted to walk with me.  We left Olcott around three fifteen and got back to my house a bit before four p.m.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)

EAGLE WATCH at the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge and more: 2/1/2020