12/5/19 Peg's Life Group and Christmas Gathering

I made a batch of Chocolate Shortbread Cookies and wrote out Christmas cards for those who go to Peggy's Life Group in the morning.

 I  have used this mix from Aldi's for a few years and was glad I could find it again.  It has ingredients for three batches (two dozen cookies each), all packaged separately.
I took my fall decorations upstairs and got out the small fiber optic tree and put it up.  I took a short nap and then headed over to Peggy's house.

We had a great Christmas gathering.  Peg, Betty, Louise, Karen, Mary, Dee and Geneva and myself.  There were a lot of snacks, mostly cookies. Peggy gave each of us a small gift, and I let each woman choose a pair of gloves from those I purchased at Penneys after last Christmas.  We played a neat game, answering questions about Christmas and I won!   HOWEVER, the party ended with a bang.

Jim Anders came to pick up his wife, Karen.  He parked out in front of the house and his car was hit by a driver heading north on Beattie.  Both cars were totaled.  Jim and Karen have only had their 2017 Buick for about ten days!!!!  The woman  driving may have been drunk, since another woman driving behind her said that she had been weaving all over the road.

This all happened just as the group ended and we were getting ready to leave.  Geneva and Mary left before it happened.    Dee and I were trapped in the driveway by emergency vehicles so we cleaned up and put leftover snacks away while Peggy and David and Jim were in and out of the house, and the police were also in and out.   Beauman's Garage came and towed Jim's car.

Anyways, as Dee and I were leaving, Peg was getting ready to drive Jim and Karen home before going to WW.  As planned, she came over to my place for supper:  butternut squash soup.  We hashed and rehashed what happened and she cannot remember who came to the door to tell her about the crash.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)

Wednesday, August 19, 2020