12/6/19 :LIVING NATIVITY and More in Newfane

I asked Betty a couple of days ago if she wanted to go to the LIVING NATIVITY and a couple of other events in Newfane today.  She agreed and I offered to buy her supper if she wanted to drive us there.  She picked me up at four p.m. and we headed out.

Our first stop was at the Newfane United Methodist Church for their craft and vendor fair called CANDY CANE LANE.



There were lots of vendors and crafters and baked goods and a small café.  I had a hot dog and she had soup.  I was happy to see WINSLOW'S CHOICE there, so I was able to purchase  a jar of their TART CHERRY JAM which I will serve with my Christmas ham.

After that we went down to the Newfane Town Hall and found a parking spot and went inside where there was another craft/vendor event going on.  I think I may have taken this picture there.

Then we watched part of the LIGHT UP NEWFANE PARADE, which was very good, even if it was very slow, with long stops for entertainment.  I was grateful that it was not bitter cold, but glad I had bundled up anyways.


We left before the parade ended in order to avoid the crowd walking to GRACE BIBLE CHURCH for their LIVING NATIVITY, an annual event they offer.  Once there, we had some refreshments and then went on our guided tour.

    YES!  There was a real live camel!



When we were done, we were fortunate to exit the church just as the shuttle was filling up to go back to the Town Hall.  We were deposited fairly close to Betty's car.  We immediately headed back to Lockport because Betty's knees were really bugging her.  My complete set of fifty pictures can be seen here.  https://www.flickr.com/photos/juneny/albums/72157712093955962

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)

Wednesday, August 19, 2020