Thursday, August 27th Peg's Birthday, etc.

 This morning I had my physical at Medwell, with my new primary Dr. Danaher.  It went very well and I left with orders for a DEXA SCAN and blood work, and another appointment for a physical in August of 202l.  When I got home I worked on estate stuff, but I could not tell you exactly what I was working on.

About eleven a.m. I went to George Boes shop.  I noticed that he was busy with a customer, (on his front porch)

so I kept driving and went to the lawyers office and dropped something off and picked something up.  Then I went back to see if George was free.  He was and he made a higher offer for the rings that he appraised yesterday.  He offered $475.   He also offered fifty dollars for the pocket watch and I think twenty five dollars for the coins (Kennedy half dollars which have some silver in them).  I told him that I need to get another appraisal or offer and took them with me.  

I went to the drive through at RITE AID and picked up my LOMOTIL.  Then I went to  Aguacates Mexican Restaurant.

Betty was already there when I arrived and we went in and requested a table on the patio.  Peggy joined us a few minutes later.  We were celebrating Peg's 59th birthday. We had a nice time except Betty had an ongoing battle with a few bees who hung around us.  

After lunch I went to the Post Office to mail the LETTERS TESTAMENTARY to Social Security in Jamaica, New York so that MA's death benefits can be paid out..  I think that money will belong to me rather than the estate, but I don't know for sure.  Then I went to Kurt's Coin Shop to

show him the rings, the watch and the coins.  He offered me the same amount that George offered, but I asked for more and he went up to $650, and that was only for the gold rings, he gave me the rest back.  WOO HOO!!!!  So, then I went to see George, who paid me $50 for the pocket watch (Kurt had offered $25 and David had offered $15).  I called David because I had forgotten what he offered for the coins and he told me ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS, more than Kurt or George wanted to pay.  I gave George the rings I had left, which he said he would pay me  fifteen dollars for along with the tiny chest they were in in lieu of a fee he could have charged me for doing the appraisal.  So, I think I did well today!

When I got home, Peggy was working on cleaning out the A Frame shed in the back yard.  I should have offered to help her, but I was hot, and sweating and tired.  I took my second shower of the day and then took a nap.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024