10/22/2020 Life Group and more

I got a call this morning from my primary doctors office, to tell me that the results of my bloodwork are in and it shows that my "bad cholesterol" is a little high.  More exercise and avoiding certain foods are recommended.  

 This morning was Peg's LIFE GROUP.   I had kind of planned to be involved in it remotely but at the last minute I decided to quickly take a shower and get over to Freedom Church in time for it.  I pulled in just as Peggy was getting out of her car and Betty was arriving.  We met in one of the upstairs rooms.  Bobbie, who lives in Wilson, joined us remotely and Dee was a little bit late (but not as late as she has been known to be).

It was a great meeting.  I had an opportunity to share how the FREEDOM CONFERENCE last weekend impacted me.   We had a few laughs, mostly about Peggy's stories about keeping and then getting rid of stuff.  

When we finished up, Dee and Betty were planning on going to Burger King for the "three for three" deal.  

I am still uncomfortable about eating in restaurants but I agreed to meet them there but said "I will probably have to sit at a different table".  I didn't do that but we sat at a large table in the middle.  I chose the chicken sandwich instead of the double cheeseburger.  

Shortly after I got home, David and Peg arrived.  They spent quite a bit of time fooling with the safe in my bedroom.  First they couldn't get it open and then David wanted to see if the door could be removed in order to make it easier to move it to their house.  This involved various tools and WD40, etc.  Unfortunately for me, the safe is still here, but I think they may come up with a plan to move it soon.

Then I helped Peggy move some metal items from the garage to the back of her car while David pissed and moaned about the process (just kidding, kinda).  After this, David went home and Peg and I took the steel and copper to a place on West Avenue (LOCK CITY METALS) where it was weighed and Peg got some money for it.  It is an interesting place, it reminds me of a place in Oneonta that was referred to as "Crushers", where I took my last mini van to be crushed and got a few hundred  dollars for it.  I wish I had taken my camera, because this place is very interesting, even though there was a strange odor.  I found this picture on their facebook page 
and it is pretty accurate.


When I got home, I tried to take a nap because I want to watch the entire debate tonight without falling asleep.  I was unable to fall asleep. 

I cooked a huge piece of salmon for my supper and ate about a third of it.  In the evening, I watched the final debate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023