BUSY, BUSY Thursday: Diane's Funeral, etc.
Peggy's LIFE GROUP was this morning. Present were Peggy, myself, Bobbie and Elizabeth. It went very well. During the meeting, Peggy got a text from Vicky telling her that Myrna's daughter brought her home from the hospital this morning. The severe pain Myrna was experiencing had to do with constipation and difficulty urinating, and both issues have been resolved. PRAISE GOD!!!!
After we finished up, Betty and I stayed and started setting up for the funeral meal later on. We put salad dressings in small cups and tablecloths on the tables, etc. When I left I went to Aldi's to purchase lettuce and spinach for salads. Then I went home and had lunch and rested for a bit before returning to the church at five p.m. Betty, Peggy and I finished setting up. I put the green salad together in large containers and then made up individual salads. Here is what the youth sanctuary looked like when we finally got it ready for the funeral meal.
I had an opportunity to rest at home for a while before returning to the church to help with the funeral meal. We got to go to the sanctuary briefly for part of the funeral. The sanctuary was FULL............almost every seat was taken. Many people wore tie dye shirts, to honor Diane's love of tie dye.
We served the funeral meal the new COVID way. Instead of people helping themselves, we filled their plates for them. There were small sandwiches, salad, potato chips, pasta, deserts and drinks. The serving went smoothly. After everyone was served, Betty and I found a table and ate together, along with the Rathkes and Robyn. I brought some food home.
I may go into the church tomorrow morning if the kitchen needs to be cleaned up. Peggy had a clean up crew set up for tonight, but there still may be stuff to do tomorrow.
I missed part of the SVU CROSSOVER EVENT tonight.
Stabler returned in the SVU episode and then the new series ORGANIZED CRIME started. I am really worn out.

Comments
Post a Comment