Easter 2021
I arrived at church early in order to help with the "Continental Breakfast". We offered coffee, tea and hot chocolate at the coffee bar and had "sweets" set up at a table across from that. I was in charge of the hot chocolate, but not many people were interested in it. Most people wanted REGULAR coffee!
The service was very good. The stage was decorated beautifully.This is the first Easter morning service that I have been to at FREEDOM CHURCH. Pastor Ben and Pastor Craig did a great job.
Other years I had Carrie home, but this year I decided to wait until both Carrie and I are fully vaccinated, and then I will bring her home for a weekend.
After church I rested a bit and changed into jeans, and then I put the macaroni and cheese in the oven and mixed up the glaze for the lemon cake. I packed everything up and drove to Peg's place at three p.m.
Our meal consisted of ham with raisin sauce, macaroni and cheese, cornbread, sweet potatoes, coleslaw, devilled eggs, chocolate/vanilla cream pie and lemon cake. Both David and Peggy liked the pie, but I guess they didn't care for the lemon cake. They each tasted a tiny bit of it. They both like my coleslaw, which is a recipe I made up and a real keeper. I really like it, too and it is so easy to make.
We packed up two dinners to deliver, one to Betty and the other to Bev Farnham. I delivered Betty's and Peggy delivered Bev's. When I got home, I cleaned my kitchen up and put my share of the leftovers away. I put two cups of beans in water to soak overnight and will start a crockpot of bean with ham soup in the morning.
After folding laundry and putting some beans in water to soak overnight, I settled in to watch the first episode of ATLANTIC CROSSING on Masterpiece (PBS)




Comments
Post a Comment