Saturday, April 3, 2021 At Home

 I took a few phone calls from Peggy this morning.  She wanted to firm up our plans for Easter dinner together at her house tomorrow.  She and David will provide the ham and sweet potatoes.  Peggy wanted to find out what else I was bringing.  I told her "I am bringing everything else".  I also told her that I want to provide a full meal to take to Betty, so she said she would get a couple of carry out containers from the church kitchen.  We agreed on dinner at three p.m.  

I finished up the devilled eggs, made a lemon cake, and corn bread and macaroni and cheese.   I will finish up the coleslaw first thing tomorrow morning.   I also cut up carrots and put them in the crockpot with orange juice, but these are for my supper today.  I am disappointed in the lemon cake.  It came from a boxed mix that I bought at Trader Joes.  I can't even detect the taste of lemon.  Maybe it will be better after I put the glaze on it.

I called Myrna in the evening.  She is still exhausted, but will have Easter dinner with one of her daughters tomorrow.  Betty called.  She and Elaine E. and Cindi went to the refuge today for the EAGLE WATCH.  They think that the mother eagles eggs have hatched.  They also went to Miller's. They had a great time.  I told Betty that I will provide her with a hand delivered Easter dinner tomorrow.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)

Wednesday, August 19, 2020