Monday, May 17th, 2021 Spring Lake

 I called Pam this morning and asked her if she would like to go to Spring Lake Winery and walk the trail around the lake.  She agreed and we met at the Rochester Road TOPS and then rode in my car.  Spring Lake Winery was kind of dead, but we did see one worker walking around.  The building was open and we used the ladies room there.  





I went to Niagara Produce before going home.  While I was eating lunch, the new bath lift arrived, so I took the old one out and put the new one together and into the tub.   Off and on, I watched the latest season of  GREENLEAF.

Peg called and told me that Yolanda told her that Lydia Santiago passed away.  Yolanda has a friend who lives in Lydia's building who updated her.  Between the two of us (Peg and I) we tried to find out more.  I located her daughters name and number, but her daughter is deaf and needs to use TTY equipment, so I didn't call her.  However, knowing her name made it easy to find her sons facebook page, where from his posts, it was clear that his mother had passed away.  I called Peg with that news, but she had already called the apartment building staff, who did not verify it, but the woman said "I don't know if I am allowed to release that information".  

I think Lydia was about 58 years old, she was a widow.  She came to Lockport from New York City and lived in the MADONNA HOUSE, where she continued to fight her addictions until she came out on the other side.  She attended FREEDOM CHURCH as often as she could (she had multiple health issues, and hospitalizations and surgeries).  She left siblings, two sons, a daughter, and grandkids.  I can't say that she and I were close friends, but we were friends.  I helped her with transportation and she had Thanksgiving dinner here at my house a few years ago.   
Here she is with her daughter.  She had been in rehab after surgery and perhaps she got COVID there.  I haven't seen her since New York State closed down in March of 2020 due to COVID but we had talked on the phone a couple of times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)

Wednesday, August 19, 2020