August 19th, 2021 To the BUFFALO ZOO with the Campbell Girls
A few weeks ago, Peggy asked me if I would accompany her and the three Campbell girls to the Buffalo Zoo. I agreed and today was the day. I purchased lunch items for the girls (lunchables) and made PB and J sandwiches for Peggy and I. Also, I put together three gift bags, one for each girl. Each bag had three or four snack items, some barrettes, headbands, a small package of tissues, a package of wipes, a colorful bandana and possibly one or two more items.
Peg picked me up at nine a.m. and we went over and picked the girl up. Two of them need car seats, so we got those installed in Peg's back seat and headed to Buffalo.
We had a good time at the zoo even if it was pretty hot. Addie took this picture.
Lily took this pictureLilly took this .
I suggested that Finley carry our lunch bag. She tried!
While Addie and Peggy went to the car to get our lunch, I watched Lily and Finley. They decided it would be fun to climb this tree.
Addie watching the polar bear.
I had to sit out part of it tour of the zoo because of the heat. Also, I hate going inside zoo buildings, mostly because of the smell and masks are required inside buildings. I sat at a picnic table while Peg and the girls went through the very large building at the rear of the zoo.
On the way home we went through a Wendy's Drive Thru and everyone had a frosty, except for me: I had a free senior drink. After dropping the girls off, we went to ALDI and purchased fresh fruits and vegetables for the fruit salad and the vegetable platters for the party on Friday.
Comments
Post a Comment