August 20th, 2021
Today being the last full day before Peggy's sixtieth birthday party, I spent the whole morning at the church getting ready. I had help: Maggie, Bev and Betty. Maggie put the charcuterie boards together while Bev cut up vegetables. Betty overslept and was very late in joining us. I took charge of putting the fruit salad together. She put tablecloths on the tables and set up a MEMORY TABLE which has photographs and mementos from Peg's life such as a couple of report cards, photographs and various other items.
We worked for close to three full hours and then left a few jobs for tomorrow. I went home and got ready for lunch with Paula to commemorate Mary Anne's birthday. She would have turned 72 today. She picked me up at one p.m. and we went to Gordy Harpers. I had the half roasted chicken with a baked potato and coleslaw. I brought part of the chicken home.
It seemed like I spent the better part of the evening on the phone: Peggy, Leslie, Sue, Connie and probably one more.
Comments
Post a Comment