September 11, 2021

 I had heard about the FREEDOM TRUCK PARADE put on by Heinrich's Chevrolet but had a hard time getting any concrete information about the exact route.   Heinrich's did not do a good job of getting the word out.  Anyways, when I told Peggy what I knew, she decided to come over and get me so we could go together.  We drove to Outwater Park where I had heard that it was starting and the trucks were lined up.  When they started moving, we left and drove to a side street to park so we could watch it.  Somebody handed Peg a flag and she stood there waving it while I  took pictures.  

When most of the trucks had gone by, Peggy suggested we join in, so we got on the end of the parade.  Of course, Peg's small electric car is NOT a truck



.  No matter, we had fun driving up Transit, with the horn honking, waving to people on the sidewalk.  We met this patriotic family at Heinrichs.

We parked in Heinrich's parking lot and walked around to see what was offered.  There were two food trucks, a booth selling Heinrich's T-shirts and probably a couple of other things, including live music.  
Then we went to the Community Market, where we both made purchases.



Elaine picked me up at 6:45 for the play JOSEPH AND THE TECHNICOLOR COAT at the Palace.  The play was magnificent!   Such wonderful music, scenery, effects and acting.  

Picture taking during the performance was not allowed.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)

Wednesday, August 19, 2020