September 13, 2021 Day Trip to Niagara Falls via DISCOVER NIAGARA SHUTTLE

 Today was the day!!!!   Betty, Ann, Lori, Vicky and I met up at the Erie Canal Discovery Center in order to catch the DISCOVER NIAGARA SHUTTLE to Niagara Falls. I found this painted rock while we were waiting. 


Our shuttle was scheduled to arrive at 9:45 a.m. but was 45 minutes late.  Turns out it was this particular drivers first day doing the LOCKPORT ROUTE.  Then he was driving really slow and missed a turn so it took longer than it should have to get to our stop in Niagara Falls.  He talked non-stop all the way there.  Anyways, we finally got there, losing more than an hours time due to the driver.  Before getting off in NF, I asked him if he would be on time for the three p.m. pick up and he said he would be caught up by then.

We walked to NIAGARA FALLS STATE PARK and bought trolley tickets.  We had a nice time in the park, going to the lookout for the HORSESHOE FALLS. 





We decided to have lunch at the RED COACH INN

even though we had to wait about a half hour for a table, due to the kitchen being short staffed.  While waiting for our table, Ann, Vicky and I walked down to the rivers edge which was just across the street from the restaurant. 




   I chose the REUBEN with pasta salad.  It was very good. 

 Except for the olives in the salad.  I picked those out.

After lunch, we went to a nearby souvenir store before going to our shuttle stop.  The shuttle was ONLY twenty minutes late, which was good.  The driver talked most of the way to Lockport.  


I got home a few minutes after four and I laid down for about an hour before I had to leave to go to the Y for the craft class.  Even though I arrived at six p.m. the time the class was supposed to start, everyone else was already there and had started working on their basket.  

I had a hard time getting started.   Sarah's friend Sylvia helped a bit and then Joanna, the leader of the group helped a bit.  My box was larger than the other's boxes so it took longer to put the twine around the bottom.  My right thumb is numb from all of the hot glue.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)

Wednesday, August 19, 2020