Mothers Day 2022 Sunday, May 8th

 Church was good this morning.  Every mother (or really, every woman) in church was given a small gift after the service.

A very nice coffee cup filled with candy and a couple of tea bags.

Peggy and David took me out for brunch at the GROFFS CAFE ON THE GREEN at the Niagara County Golf Course on Davison Road.  It was a breakfast buffet and it was very good. Then I went home and took a nap.

  I called Betty at six thirty p.m. and asked her if she wanted to take a short walk.  She laughed because she had been thinking of calling me and asking if I wanted to take a walk.  We met up between her place and mine and headed out to Outwater Park.  Some of the flowering trees are in bloom.  We did a circular route walking through the parking lot at North Park School after spending a few minutes at the overlook.


This used to be a fountain when I was a kid.  I think some repair work has been done recently.  Betty said that these new posts will eventually have flags with the names of fallen heroes.  






 When we got to my house, I offered to give Betty a ride home since her knees were bothering her.  She agreed.

When I retrieved phone messages I found that Cassandra called and left me a message wishing me a Happy Mother's day.  I watched CALL THE MIDWIFE.    Then I called Megan and wished her a Happy Birthday and a Happy Mothers Day and then I called Cassy.  I told her that I have my new car and that I will get my old car ready for her.  

I watched Ridley Road on PBS and then I found a movie on FAWESOME:  This 1994 movie.

I had planned to only watch for a little while and save the rest for tomorrow, but I really got into it.  

Christa messaged me with a HAPPY MOTHERS DAY message.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)

Wednesday, August 19, 2020