TUESDAY, May 10th, 2022 and Wednesday May 11th

 First thing I did today was go to the library to pick up a book I requested.  I was surprised to find Johnna working at the second floor desk.  Then I went to Freedom Church for the Ladies Life Group.  

Elaine spent a good ten minutes admonishing the group for what happened last Tuesday.   What happened was negative talk about and to Janet Ford who came in and announced that she had been exposed to COVID.  Then she passed out a few small gifts to a few people, those who had been the most effected by what happened.    The rest of the meeting went well.   Elaine did a good job leading. 

I announced to the group tentative plans for us to go to the new diner across from Day Road Park next Tuesday after the meeting, and then those who want to, could walk one of the trails in the park.  I encouraged those who want to walk to have sneakers on.

Then I went to my gastroenterologist appointment.  After that I went to WalMart to get a few things.  Ate 1:45 I remembered that I was supposed to meet up with David at my house so he could set up the new alarm system.  I did not have his phone number with me, so I called Peg and asked her to call him and tell him that I would not be home until 2:30 or so.  

David came and together we set up the two new systems.  Unfortunately, while I was preparing myself something to eat and making a macaroni salad,  the alarm on Carrie's door went off, even though nobody opened the door.  

Betty and I went for a short walk over to Ontario Street and on a circular route that brought us back to Prospect Street.  Betty expressed that what Elaine did this morning at the Life Group upset her a great deal.  

I found the movie THE BEST OF ENEMIES on Netflix, but then Myrna called and she reminded me that THIS IS US is on tonight.  


WEDNESDAY:   In the morning I changed my sheets and made a few necessary phone calls, including calling my insurance agency to find out what Cassandra and I should do to facilitate the transfer of my Subaru to her.   I made an appointment for next week to have the Subaru checked over using the AAA Road Trip Ready coupon.  

I met up with Sarah and Elaine at Elaine's house and Elaine drove us to the church in Cambria for their take out dinner.  We were expecting something with more variety since they usually have an Italian Buffet in May.  However, it was a spaghetti dinner.  It was very good, though, and very well packaged.  I chose elderberry pie.  We ate together at Elaine's house and she showed us pictures from her and her sisters recent Florida vacation.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)

Wednesday, August 19, 2020