Thursday, August 11th, 2022 and Friday, August 12th, 2022

8/11   My first full day at home following my Glacier trip.   I met up with Peggy and Elizabeth at Elizabeth's apartment and we continued our study of the book of REVELATION with Perry Stone.   It went well.  Betty gave us the news that she will be getting shots in her knees next month.  In the past when that topic came up she said she would NEVER do that, but her new doctor recommended it!  I am so happy for her.  I have been praying that she would make good decisions about what to do about her painful, arthritic knees.   

After that, I went to Niagara Produce and purchased a few items including a BOW and prepared salad for my lunch.  I rested in the afternoon, continued working on unpacking.  I can't find the t shirt I bought in Glacier; I hope I didn't leave it in the hotel room, but I think I must have.  I talked with Myrna on the phone in the evening and also worked on labelling pictures in flickr.


8/12  (Friday) Pam and I met up at my house and headed out together in my car.  We drove on 78 all the way to Olcott and then headed east on 18.   We found ZIMMERMAN's but continued on to this farm market, where we looked around, and in particular enjoyed the flowers.





  Then we turned around and backtracked o ZIMMERMAN'S DUTCH MARKET, a brand-new bulk food store.  We were there for over a half an hour, checking things out, shopping and ordering sandwiches.  They make sandwiches pretty much like Miller's does.  Then we decided to head west on 18 and go to Olcott Beach and have lunch in Krull Park.

HOWEVER, we stopped at this store on the way there



mostly because I wondered what it had to offer.  Unfortunately, they DO NOT offer gas at these prices. 

Pam bought a small bag of candy and we talked to the owner for a bit.  They offer several pieces of vintage jewelry.

We noticed an extremely run-down house next door to the store and took pictures of it, and a rundown out building behind it.



  A man across the street who was mowing the lawn at a church

hollered across the road to us and we started a conversation about the house and the church.  I asked him if the church is still active and he said that they only get about twelve people on Sunday morning, but years ago it was very active.  I asked if he had a key to get in and he said yes, and then I asked if he would take us in to see it.  He agreed and I drove over there and parked.  He took us in and showed us around and told us some of the history of the church.  

He even rang the church bell for us. 

Then we continued west on 18 to Olcott Beach.  We used the rest rooms and had a nice picnic lunch.  Pam said "this is what summer is all about".  We had noticed that the OLDE LOG CABIN was open,




so we went inside.  It has been made into a very nice museum.  I was starting to feel tired since I slept horribly last night.  I wanted to rest a bit before meeting up with Jan at five p.m. to go to ROCK THE LOCKS.  

So we headed back to Lockport.  I told Pam that maybe we can return to Olcott Beach another time before summer is over.

Once I got home, I laid down and slept a bit.  Jan was supposed to arrive at my place at five p.m. but she forgot.  So, we got a late start to go to ROCK THE LOCKS,



but we found it to be kind of boring.  Just before we left, Pam met up with us there.  I went to the Baby Ribs booth

to get some ribs to take home, but I would have had to wait a half hour or more to get them, so I skipped that.

Jan and I went to my house to start watching TRAINWRECK WOODSTOCK 1999.  It is three episodes long.  Pam stopped by and we visited for a while.  We completed one and a half episodes and will watch the rest another time.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)

Wednesday, August 19, 2020