August 8th, 2022 Leaving Glacier National Park and Amtrak and more.

 Monday the 8th: 

Marlene had an upset stomach, so she did not want the buffet breakfast.  Our server graciously found her a banana in the kitchen, and we did not get charged for it.  For the third time, I thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast buffet, concentrating on the pancakes with huckleberry syrup!!! 


They are so good!!!! Just for the record, I enjoyed these three mornings in a row!

We were "shuttled" from the lodge to the train station, along with our luggage.  Our train was only 25 minutes or so late.  We were happy to see Ainsley, who also was our "attendant" on the ride between Chicago and Glacier. We got settled into our roomettes (the ones without toilets). We were NOT happy to find out that the toilet in our car did not work meaning that we had to walk downstairs to other cars to use one, and later on in the day, they stopped working so we had to go even further (still downstairs) to find working toilets.  WHAT A MESS.

We had lunch and supper on the train.  During one of those meals we sat with a mom and daughter who were travelling and had a nice conversation.  I think their names were Patty (mom) and Ellie (daughter).

The day was eventful. I continued reading RISE AND SHINE, one of the books Mary gave me.  I did not sleep very well in my roomette this night. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)

Wednesday, August 19, 2020