Saturday, August 13th, 2022 BUSY DAY
Late this morning Peggy and I went out to HOSPICE to visit our Aunt Hiroko. She has been there for several months in the long term care wing. When we attempted to buzz ourselves in the front door, Peggy was told that the family had requested that she not be allowed to see Hiroko. I was allowed to go in. We had a nice, but short visit. Hiroko did not seem to know why Peggy was not allowed to go in. When I left, Peg was on the phone with our cousin, Judy (Hiroko's daughter) discussing the situation. Peggy had also called our brother Mike, and he was shocked. Peggy thinks that Roger (Hiroko's youngest son) does not want Peggy to attempt to get Hiroko and Judy reconciled. I wish he was a bit more sensitive to his mothers and sister's needs.
We went back to my house, and I retrieved a m phone message from Jan. She was wondering if I was planning on going to COMMUNITY IN UNITY, a Christian event at Altro Park. I called her back and told her that Peggy and I were planning on leaving in a few minutes and suggested that she meet us there. She agreed to that plan.
The three of us probably spent an hour there, visiting all of the tables/tents and talking with the representatives and picking up brochures. 
We ran into Lori Rivers there; she was with two of the women I met a couple of weeks ago at the party Lori threw for her son Brandon's college graduation.
I purchased a hot dog from THE KITCHEN and something like a popsicle from the truck that was offering soft ice cream and other ice cream novelties.
I found this rock during this event.
After Jan left, Peg and I went over to her house to use her bathroom. Then we went to the ELKS CLUB to attend a basket raffle. I spent twenty dollars on tickets. After that Peg dropped me off at home.
In the evening, I took some food items from Zimmerman's over to Myrna and we visited for a while. On the way home, I drove down South Street, past the building in which I went to Sunday School when I was a very small girl. I noticed the front doors were open, so I slowed down. There were several men in long white gowns with strange hats on sitting on the floor just inside the door.
When I got home, I called Gail to wish her a Happy Birthday. I also talked with both Peggy and Betty on the phone.
Peg called to say that she won two items at the basket raffle but she wants me to have the Christmas one that I told her I liked. I like the placemats in them, but not necessarily the other items, but she wants me to have the whole basket. I will get on Tuesday morning.
I worked more on labelling my pictures from the Glacier trip.





Comments
Post a Comment