Thursday April 6th, 2023 Flight 93 Memorial and Drive Back to New York
We had breakfast at our hotel. It was not as good as breakfast at our Ohio lodging but it was adequate, for sure. Then we packed up and headed to the FLIGHT 93 Memorial. A man at the hotel had given us very good directions so we found it easily. First we stopped here, at the TOWER OF VOICES.
And then we went to the Visitors Center and saw all of the exhibits. It is very well organized and presented. It was too cold and windy to walk out to see the exact site of the crash, but we could see the area from a in a small building which had a volunteer available to explain things. After that we decided to head to New York without trying to go to the other places we had hoped to go to during this trip.
We stopped at a rest area that offered bathrooms and a couple of places that sold food. We decided to get a small lunch at the Burger King. We both had Whopper Jrs. I drove after that until we got fairly close to Erie, PA. Marlene suggested stopping at PARK AND EAT, but we really were not all that hungry, so we continued on. We finally decided to go to Chik-fil-A in West Seneca (I think). Boy, that place was busy. We got sandwiches to take home.
Marlene dropped me off around seven thirty p.m. I put a few things away, and ate my sandwich, looked briefly at my mail and listened to phone messages. I rebooted my modem and now it seems to be working. I called Peg to let her know I am home. I am thoroughly exhausted.
Comments
Post a Comment