Tuesday April 4th, 2023 Second Full Day of Ohio Trip
We had a hard time time getting hold of Erb, so we pulled into one of his stores (ERB'S Stove Center) on 39. A man named Mark called him and he agreed to be there at his museum when we got there. I saw a painting that I think Betty would like on the clearance table in the shop, so I purchased it. We had a bit of a hard time finding the museum.
Erb is an Amish man, his real name is Ed,
and he graciously showed us around the museum. It is full of interesting stuff.
This is a Coleman STILL !
I bought a globe for one of Mary Ann's lamps. It was terribly expensive at thirty dollars, but I felt somewhat obligated to purchase something since Ed gave us so much of his time. From there we went to Baltic, and we saw a couple of old buildings just outside of town, associated with the Historical Society of Baltic, and had lunch at East Main, (very good). And then we went to the winery across the street. There is old machinery from the "mill" days on the second and third floor.
Marlene called Ed (ERB) because she found measurements and now wants to purchase the tall glass globe, and we will pick it up tomorrow. Then went to Historic Roscoe Village in Coshocton.
We had arrived late at Roscoe Village, so did not see everything, plus it was kind of a hot day, and we were getting tired, so we probably missed a few things.
This is one of the old buildings north of Baltic.
This is a replica of an 1830's canal boat. Doc Johnsons house is on the right and his office on the left.
This is a replica of an 1830's canal boat. Doc Johnsons house is on the right and his office on the left.HISTORIC ROSCOE VILLAGE is known as America's Canal Town.
We returned to Walnut Creek for supper at DER DUTCHMAN. I had the buffet, Marlene had soup and an order of sweet potato fries. Then we went back to our lodging for our third night. We watched the news about Donald Trump being arrested and also watched him make an address to the nation.











Comments
Post a Comment