Wednesday April 5th, 2023 Last One Half Day in Ohio and Drive to PA

We had breakfast at our lodging (very good, as usual) and packed up the car and checked out of our room. We stopped at TROYER'S MARKET so Marlene could buy a few items for her daughter, Christiana. and then we headed to the Amish-Mennonite Heritage Center to see the BEHALT.  We had been told we could see it at nine a.m., but a different woman was working the front desk and she told us we would have to wait until ten a.m. for the first tour.  I took advantage of this time to go online and check my email, etc., since I had not had any time to do so before leaving our lodging.  

There was a group of Amish or maybe Mennonite kids, I would say maybe middle school age there as well as a few other people.  The young man who did the "tour" was excellent.  I think he is a Mennonite.  He told the history of the Anabaptist Church(es) in very clear and understandable terms. 





As we were leaving, Marlene mentioned to me that she was thinking she should get home a day earlier since her daughter Cynthia decided to go come for Easter, which had not been planned.  So, I called the hotel where I had reserved a room and cancelled it.  I had to do this with an automated system instead of being able to talk to a real person, so I am hoping it went through.  

After that we went to ERB's Museum so that Marlene could pick up the item she was purchasing from him.  Erb (his real name is Ed) wanted to talk, so it was hard to leave right away like we wanted to.  Marlene got her item and paid for it, and we headed out.  As we were leaving Sugarcreek, we saw a cute little cafe and decided to stop and have lunch. I had the WEDNESDAY SANDWICH which was a burger with pickles, bacon, tomato and lettuce, on a very nice roll.  It was very good.  

We headed towards Pennsylvania.  When we got to the TROLLEY MUSEUM in Washington, PA, we found that it was closed.  We looked around anyways, since part of it is outside.   We arrived at our hotel in Somerset, PA., a WINGATE/WYNDHAM and got settled in.  This hotel is not nearly as nice as I expected and hoped.  The front desk person was elsewhere but arrived after a few minutes. Our room was nice, and the bathroom was large and clean.  Marlene started to look for restaurants and I mentioned that I had seen a RUBY TUESDAY's.  It turned out that it was visible out our window and we walked to it.  I had the grilled salmon, a baked potato and grilled zucchini and Marlene had blackened tilapia.  We were both happy with our meals.  

The wifi at the hotel was very weak and I was unable to upload my pictures.  We went to bed a little earlier than usual.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)

Wednesday, August 19, 2020