Sunday June 25th through Saturday July 1st Gut Microbiome Test BBQ Ribs in Oven Reipe

 Sunday:  After church, I went home and picked up my macaroni salad and made myself a drink and then went to FREEDOM NORTH for the CONNECT Group picnic.  We had a pretty good sized group, I think there were about 25 people there.  Everyone was supposed to bring a dish to pass.  Glenda made a HUGE potato salad.  There was watermelon and strawberries and a vegetable plate and a lot more.   David gave a short message about prisoners and how we are born in prison, but Jesus sets us free, before he said grace.  I left at about 2:45.  I rested at home before getting up to watch RIDLEY


on PBS.  Peggy called to tell me that Jeff Smith (our stepbrother) passed away.  He had been on Hospice care at home for quite a while.  Jeff was my stepbrother.  My father married his mother in 1985 when Jeff was either 17 or 18.  He went into the military later on that year.  He was the youngest of my stepmother (Matha)s children.  I never got to know any of her four children well, I mostly heard news about them when Dad and Martha visited me when I lived near Oneonta.  

I had a long fb private conversation with Christa in the early evening and another in the late evening. We are both confused about the timing of our trips to Michigan for Cassandra's wedding in September.   Pam messaged me about a free event in Lewiston this coming Saturday evening.

MONDAY the 26th.  I went to AAA this morning and picked up maps of Michigan and Ontario, Canada.  Then I went to the Y and met up with Jan.  We walked for over an hour, with a couple of short breaks.  Then I went LKPT ENERGY HOUSE and purchased a LARGE buckeye shake.  And then I went to Niagara Produce to get milk, and I bought some strips of chicken in order to prepare chicken spiedies tonight.  When I got home, I put the chicken strips, some chopped onion and some red pepper strips in a BROOKS Spiedie Marinade and into the frig.  I watched CHINATOWN with Jack Nicholson in the afternoon, and read more in BROKEN FAITH:  Inside the Word of Faith Fellowship, One of America's Most Dangerous Cults. 

Cassandra recommended this book.  

TUESDAY the 27th:  I stayed home today mostly because David wanted to wash my car.  I thought he was going to do that here himself, but he came and took it someplace for the wash and then took it to his house so he could put the wax on.  When he was here, he helped me take the lift out of the tub and put it back in, after I scrubbed the tub.  When I tried to start the whirlpool, I found that the push button was stuck.  David figured out how to loosen it up.  I used the jet cleaner in order to clean the jets out.  I did a few other jobs around the house, too.  In the evening, I prepared chicken spiedies and a sweet potato for my supper.  Then I decided to go through the medications that have been piling up.  I realized that RiteAid has been giving me a three month supply of the generic for Restasis (Cyclosporine) ONCE A MONTH, a ninety day supply every thirty days.  I knew it was piling up, in fact, in the pharmacy in RiteAid yesterday, I told the worker to NOT automatically since I had a lot at home.  She agreed to that.

WEDNESDAY the 28th
I met up Jan at the Y for walking and DRUMS ALIVE class and then we signed up for the Seniors Luncheon next month.  Then I went to TOPS, hoping to get some LACTAID Cottage Cheese, but they did not have any.  Then I went to the church to get a key to her house and the directions for serving up hot dogs after church on Sunday.  At home, I napped.  After I got up, I started sorting out canned goods in order to get them organized.  I decided to make a scalloped corn casserole, and found the recipe that Leslie gave me years ago.   

My Aunt Ruth's Scalloped Corn  (Leslie gave me this recipe)

8x8 inch square pan
Saute onions, celery and green pepper in oil. (She doesn't say how much- about what you would  add to a casserole that size?)

l cup crushed crackers (we use Ritz)or you can use toasted buttered Italian bread cubes
1 egg, beaten
1 can creamed corn
a little salt and pepper
1/3 cup plus one tablespoon milk (3/8ths cup)

In a large bowl add the beaten egg to the cracker crumbs. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix. Bake in buttered pan for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
I skipped the sauteed vegetables and the onions on top.
I used saltinese    Next time, I will add MORE milk.

THURSDAY:  I saw my chiropracter at ten a.m.  Then I headed south on Transit and went to FeelRite to purchase LACTO and DIGEST GOLD.  Then I went to Wegmans, hoping for some LACTAID cottage cheese.  They did have it, and I bought a few other items.  I had taken a small cooler bag with ice packs for the cottage, and some butter.  Then I went to the mall to meet up with Jan and Kelly to go to THE HOPE PROJECT.  Both of them were late.  I found a few items and was happiest about the two round tablecloths I got.  After much discussion, we decided to go to DUFF'S which was right there in the mall.  I had arranged to meet up with Gail to go to the funeral home, but I totally forgot until she knocked at the door.  She had waited for me for a while and then went in.  I went and talked to Vicky, Keith, Lori and Doug and also a lady I never met before! 

FRIDAY:  I met up with Carrie and Zoe at Hoover Road and we went to the orthopedic office at Mount St. Mary's.  The appointment went well.  Carrie can be seen on an "as needed" basis since the pain in he shoulder did not return.  I went to Peggy's house and took care of Petra.  She even ate her pill (which I had put into a pill pocket).  I cancelled my lunch date with Elaine because Lori may need a ride to the Medina hospital this afternoon.  She feels better than she did yesterday.  Turns out that Lori did not get her scripts in time to go to Medina today.  Thankfully, she feels much better than she did yesterday meaning her breathing is easier and the swelling in her legs and knees has gone down.  I feel bad because Jan spent the whole day at home, waiting for a call from Lori, in order to take her to Medina. I, at least, got to go on a medical appointment with Carrie, and to Peg's house to take care of Petra.  Elaine and I rescheduled for next Friday.

I decided to cook the boneless ribs that I purchased a few days ago, modifying this recipe: 

  https://cafedelites.com/oven-barbecue-ribs/  



  I made my own "rub" using Amish Garlic Salt and Pepper and Trader Joes 21 Salute seasoning.  I shortened up the time in the oven because my ribs were boneless.  I pretty much followed the recipe for BBQ sauce, but added a bit of honey.  The ribs were much more tender than if I had done them in the crockpot, but next time I will cut down the baking time even more. 

I am reading this book:  


SATURDAY July 1st
I met up with Jan and Kelly at Jans apartment and we all headed out to Harris Farms in Gasport for their Saturday Special  1/2 Seedless Watermelon
Pint of Blueberries
1/2 Pint of Local Raspberries
4 Ice Cream Sandwiches
Pint of Baby Red Potatoes
1 Local Candy Onion
Bunch of Local Romaine
Pint of Grape Tomatoes
I gave the ice cream sandwiches to Kelly and Jan, since they could cause me problems. After we got back to Lockport, I went over to take care of Petra. I took a nap in the afternoon. Pam picked me up a little before six p.m. to go to Lewiston for a free BPO concert. The concert was great!!!!
There was a short ceremony including these men, but I forget the name of their group.
               This booklet had a program list of the nights music, as well as other upcoming BPO concerts, and information about the BPO.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023