SUNDAY December 10th through SATURDAY December 16th

 SUNDAY the 10th:  Church was very good.  After church, Lori, Jan, Peggy and I met up in the lobby and then the four of us went to Wendy's for a quick lunch. Peggy drove my car.  When we were finished there we headed to Newfane to the Van Horn Mansion for their event: CHRISTMAS OPEN HOUSE at the VAN HORN MANSION.  For Lori, Jan and me, it was our first time there, but Peggy had been there before. 


We were each given a bag to carry through the mansion and collect items.   Each room offered an activity such as playing an old fashioned game, making a Christmas card or helping to put a puzzle

helping to put a puzzle together.  Jan enjoyed this activity, but I moved on as soon as I had found one piece that worked.

They offered refreshments which were VERY good, as well as three hot drinks.  It was a little difficult to take pictures that show the beauty of this mansion because of so many people there, but I was able to get some: 






We had our picture taken all together
I think Lori really would have liked to extend our time together by going to the BABCOCK MANSION which was also having an open house, but I was sure that Peggy would not want to go, and I was feeling like it was a good time to go home.  

I found the movie BURIED TREASURE on Tubi, it was excellent.

MONDAY December 11, 2023
First thing in the morning, I had my TELEHEALTH Appointment with Emcara Health, actually for Univera (my Medicare Advantage
 Program). It was done over the computer. It lasted about forty minutes.  Personally, I think it 
could have been more thorough.  I should have asked what the purpose of this interview was
since Univera already has all of the information about my meds, etc. 

After that, I put together the dough for Christmas cut outs.  Just about the time I finished that, Peggy 
Peg called to let me know she was leaving her office.  We met up at the library and went to
Cafora's in Newfane, and met up with Becky and Gail for a lunch to celebrate Becky's
67th birthday which is in two days.  We were there for a couple of hours, and we all 
enjoyed our lunch.  We each gave Becky a present (or should I say several presents in gift bags).



I went to Niagara Produce for bananas, eggs and chocolate milk ( for hot chocolate ) and then spent the rest of the day at home.

Tuesday the 12th: No Life Group today, I am not sure if Cindi cancelled it because she is still  positive for
Covid or if her tinnitus is still bad. I gave her information about Dr. Zhang at Dent.  In the morning I pulled
the chilled dough out of the frig and baked the Christmas cut out cookies.  I could not find my cookie
cookie cutters, so I made circles with the top part of a couple of glasses. 

Then I I went to the Y to meet up
meet u with Jan.  Salma and Sabba pulled in and parked next to me, so we visited for a few minutes.
  Jan and I walked for an hour or so, with
three breaks.  I went to TOPS and got a few items. When I got home, I put onions, boneless pork ribs 
that I browned first) and a potato in the crockpot.  I rested on the couch instead of taking a real nap in
nap in bed.  When I got up, I frosted three dozen of the cookies I made, until I ran out of frosting.

WEDNESDAY the 13th:  I had blood work done at the new hospital and then I treated myself to 
breakfast at Denny's. I got brave and had the Grand Slam with a biscuit and gravy.  It was really good. I 
went home for a while and puttered around before going to the Y to meet up
with Jan.  We did the DRUMS ALIVE class and walked for about a half hour.  I went to the library and
read the recent newspapers and picked up an Erie Canalway calendar.  I spent the rest of the day at
home.  I located Christmas cards and started making them out for the ladies in my Life Group.  

In the evening I watched a very good episode of LAW AND ORDER: SVU, it was kind of a parallel
story to the TRUE story of Dr. Money and his abuse of the two Canadian boys (twins) who he
abused.  I also found a movie on Hoopla, with James Garner.  PROMISE 


Also, I put away several pair of capris since I won't need them until text summer, and found a couple of
pair of black jeans and put them in the laundry.  They will go better with my Buffalo plaid shirts and
vest than blue jeans do.

Thursday, December 14, 2023  In the morning I puttered around, did some organizing and picking up and
finished my Christmas card and check for Cassy and Quinn and got it ready to mail. Jan and I made
arrangements to get together early this evening to play a game or two.
  I laid down on the couch for a while in the early 
afternoon and probably slept a little bit.  I called Jan when I got up and asked her if she would stop at 
Molinaro's and pick up a pizza if I ordered and paid for it.  She agreed and I ordered a Detroit Deep Dish 
Pizza with regular sauce.  It was very good, much better than the one we had with the MID sauce a while 
ago.   After eating, we played three games of BANAGRAMS,

I won two and Jan won one.  After that
we had my homemade Christmas cookies and I gave her some to take home.  

FRIDAY December 15th, 2023  I did a few things around the house and then I got ready to go to the Y 
for the Seniors Event. It was kind of a Christmas party, I guess.  Joanna was in charge and she had things
all set up, sandwiches and cookies,


drinks, and craft items to make Christmas ornaments. 

But that is all
she did.  She never greeted the group or gave any instructions or anything.  Oh yes, she did announce
(but not necessarily loudly enough for everyone to hear) that we could start by each taking one craft
baggie from the table, choosing from three.  No directions or help doing the craft.  I wish she would
take a training in leading a group.  After the event was over, Jan and I went upstairs and walked for 
15 minutes.  I went home and rested before supper.  After that, I got ready to go to the LOCKPORT 
CHORALE'S CHRISTMAS CONCERT at the Episcopal Church.   I met Marlene there and we joined 
up with Dee Mann.  The concert was great!       The pianist and floutist.

Marlene, Dee and I stayed for refreshments, which were very good.  

SATURDAY the 16th   In the morning, I got together gifts for David's granddaughters who I will 
see on Christmas day at their house.   I have a box full of items that I paid very little for in after
Christmas sales over the years, many of them 90% off, so I am putting together a bag of small gifts
including jewelry (each girl will get a necklace and a bracelet) and other small items.  I talked on the
phone with Peg and arranged for her and David to come over for a meat loaf dinner on Monday and 
with Lori for she and I to get together on Wednesday night to play games.  I talked to Marlene, also
and she will meet up with Lori and I for the COMMUNITY DINNER at the church on Genesee
Street.  Another unorganized event!   The four of us (Lori, me, Marlene and Sue) arrived at the
right time (two p.m.) along with another woman and her son.  We were the only people there for
close to a half an hour.  Nobody greeted us, but after a while the Pastor of FIG TREE came over and
talked with us, and shortly after that BISHOP ANTHONY TEAGAN, who is the Pastor of the
church we were in, came over and spoke to us.  The serving of the dinner was kind of NOT
organized, also.  We saw a few people that already had plates of food and a few in line near
the kitchen window, so we got up and got in line.  They served turkey, ham, stuffing, mac and
cheese, green beans with slivered almonds, and candied sweet potatoes. I think there were
twenty five or thirty people there for the meal. They were giving away toys, but without clearly
saying exactly who or how many people could take.   Everything was great
except for the meat which was kind of dried out.  I brought my ham home to put in soup. After
leaving the church (HOUSE OF ONE FAITH HOLINESS) I went to Niagara Produce for a
few items.  I took it easy for the rest of the day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024

Week of Sunday, March 17th through Saturday, March 23rd, 2023