Week of February 11th through 17th, 2024

 SUNDAY the 11th:  Church was good this morning.  After church I went down to the youth sanctuary, which was emptying out, in order to help Peggy get ready for the seniors social.  Jan and I put tablecloths on and decorated them quickly.  We opened up plates and napkins and helped set up for the meal. I think there were about forty people there. 








I collected money from the guests, there was a five dollar charge per person.  Three people could not pay due to not having any money, so I covered them.  I spent the rest of the day at home.  I had a nice nap.   I watched the movie MOONSTRUCK with Cher and Nicolas Cage.  I had seen it before years ago.  I also watched my two shows on PBS: Miss Scarlett and the Duke and All Creatures Great and Small.  I did not do much else.  I messaged Cindi about the trip idea and emailed Leslie, but I think she is not getting my emails.  I did a load of laundry.  

MONDAY:  I took several painted rocks with hearts on them,


to places around town for Valentines Day.  I left three outside my house (kids walk by on their way to school), three at the library when I returned a book, a couple outside the YMCA and the last two outside Niagara Produce.  I met up with Jan at the Y and we walked for about a half hour, with some breaks to rest.  I registered for WALK WITH EASE, which will be six weeks this time.  I think it was longer last spring.  Jan and I ran into Sharon Dent and talked with her for a bit.  I tried to talk Jan into signing up for WALK WITH EASE, but she does not want to commit to it.  I think she would benefit from it, since she had that terrible fall, long hospitalization in ICU and then rehab last summer, and may not have fully recovered from it.  After the Y, I went to the Dollar Tree for deodorant and toothpaste and shampoo, but purchased several other items.  I picked up a quick lunch at Wendy's and went to Niagara Produce for bananas and milk, but also found a few other items!  I have plenty of food in the house now including the ham and squash Peggy gave me after dinner at her house a couple of nights ago.  I talked to Peggy on the phone a bit about planning upcoming events for the seniors.  I could not nap due to having Dr. Pepper from Wendy's.  I attempted to replicate the butterbean salad that they offer on the salad bar at the Fieldstone.  I cut up some of the already cut up vegetables in the salad I purchased at Niagara Produce earlier today and added a little Italian dressing.  My salad has more in it than the ones at the Fieldstone, but it was very good and tasted much like their butterbean salad.  After I had supper, I started my homework for tomorrows Life Group.  

Tuesday the 13th:  First thing in the morning, I called Principal, in order to make sure they have updated information about where to send my yearly check.  This time I got a female named Bridget, who seemed to know more than the guy I spoke to a few days ago.  I was able to get the situation resolved.  Life Group was very good this morning, with a large group of ladies.  When it was over, Cindi, Glenda, Betty and Lori had lunch at The Fieldstone.  I had the soup and salad bar.  Since I have a large salad at home that I got at Niagara Produce, I mostly ignored the greens and loaded up on coleslaw, beets, macaroni salad and something like broccoli salad.  I spent the rest of the day at home.  

Wednesday the 14th:  I went to WalMart and picked up a few items before meeting up with Jan at the Y at 11:30 a.m.  We walked around the track a few times.  Our plans were to go to the DRUMS ALIVE class with Gene at 12:15, but I noticed that he was setting up a little before noon.  Jan said she did not feel up to doing Drums and that she would walk on the treadmill while I did that class.  I went in and Gene said that the time changed to noon and the class would be fifteen minutes longer.  I told him that I just got over Covid and might have to leave after a half hour.  There were only four of us to start, but a few more came in at twelve fifteen.  I was able to do the full 45 minutes without getting worn out.  After that, Jan and I went to the LKPT Energy House for shakes.  I treated her for Valentines Day.  We stayed "in" and enjoyed our shakes there.  After that I went to the Dollar Tree for napkins and several of the small Ben and Jerry's cups of ice cream.  When I got home, Peggy was finishing up doing some work upstairs.  I helped her carry some items out to her car.  I spent the rest of the day at home.  

Thursday the 15th:  I met up with Peggy in the basement of FREEDOM CHURCH a little before ten a.m. for her FREEDOM GROUP, second session, since I will be facilitating this group the next two weeks IF the weather is good.  Present were Donna, Andrea, Paula, Linda, and Lisa, who I had not met before.  The meeting went very well.  I kind of wanted to go to SUBWAY and use a coupon for a small sub, but it was so cold out that after dropping a book off at the library and putting a loaf of bread in the small food pantry behind Emmanuel Methodist Church, I went home and prepared lunch and ate here.  After lunch, I laid down on the couch and rested and probably slept a little bit.  In the evening, I talked with Elaine on the phone and called Marlene and left a message about the concert at First Presbyterian Church tomorrow night.  

FRIDAY: First thing this morning, I put all the ingredients for pork with root beer into the crockpot.  I saw the recipe on FB a couple of weeks ago.  I went to BASIL TOYOTA and had my oil changed and also had the car inspected.  Then I went to Aldi's and did some grocery shopping, to make sure that I have everything I will need for Leslie's visit.  While shopping at Aldi's I noticed some NAAN Bread, with a recipe to use it for pizza on the back, so I found the items to make Hawaiian pizza at home.  So, that's what I did for lunch at home.  It turned out pretty good.  I made a a tuna/macaroni salad.  The pulled pork turned out good, I made my own bbq sauce for it.  Elaine picked me up for the organ concert at First Presbyterian Church.

  It was excellent.  

SATURDAY the 17th:  when I woke up and saw all the snow, and it was still coming down, I tried to reach Leslie by phone to tell her not to come today, to wait until tomorrow.   No answer, so she already left.  Snow stopped and it cleared up.  L arrived at noon, we had lunch together.  I met up with the ladies  (Linda, Betty, Elaine, Marlene, Shirley, Cindi, Karen, Dee Mann, Gyslaine, Mary, Donna and Vicky, Elaine Vincent)  at two thirty p.m. and  we went to the Jewish Community Center on North French Road. Peggy and David met us there.  


for KINDER TRANSPORT, the play that Renee Landrigan is in. She was great!  This particular scene when Eva was nine years old, on the train to England, when the SS soldier  confronted her was particularly good.  Their was a hush over the entire theatre during it, it was almost frightening.  

The actresses came out into the lobby after the performance.  


I got home at seven p.m. and fixed supper for L and I.  Pulled pork, baked beans and winter squash and choc pie.  We watched half of FIDDLER ON THE ROOF.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SUNDAY, December 11th, 2022 CONNECT CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON

Week of Sunday 9/10 through Saturday 9/16, 2023

Week Starting Sunday February 25th, 2024