SUNDAY August 4th through Saturday the10th of August, 2024

 SUNDAY:  Church was really good.  Andrew and John Eastmond ministered and did individual prophecies for those who wished it.  After church, Marlene and I had planned to go to CAMPBELLS INN for lunch and I invited Glenda to go with us, but Louise and Lori were added to our group.  Lori did not have a whole lot of time since she had to go to work, so we changed our plan to APPLEBEE'S. The five of us had a nice lunch together.  I spent the rest of the day at home.  I did a load of laundry.  Peggy called around six p.m. to tell me that Mike Pillot, who used to be a close friend of our brother, Mike, is down to 85 pounds.  Mike is on his way over to pray with Mike Pillot and hopefully lead him to Jesus.  Peggy asked for prayer and I agreed.  Mike P. lost his wife to cancer a couple of years ago.  He is a bit of a character.  He and his son renovated the bathroom here at 17 Phelps Street eleven years ago.  I decided to make a soup using the leftover rice and pork chops, so I chopped up some cabbage, onions, yellow and green beans and carrots. Peggy called again to say that  our brother messaged her and said that things are going well at Mike Pillot's house.  Peg and I prayed together for Mike Pillot's salvation.  Apparently, he has been sick for a while and collapsed at NorthWest Bank and the bank called Mike Niethe, but he was at work and missed the call, so Janie went to the bank to pick Mike Pillot up and took him home.   

MONDAY:  Last night, I chopped up some vegetables (cabbage, onions, sweet red pepper, green and yellow beans, and carrots) for soup which I wanted to make using up the leftover porkchops and rice from a few days ago.  This morning, I put them in the crockpot with some broth and got things going..  Then I went to my chiropractic appointment and then to Al Edmister's funeral at Glenwood Cemetery.  It was short and sweet.  It was very hot.  About ten people from Freedom Church were there.  Then I went home for a few minutes and called Jan and she agreed to meet up with me at the Y for some walking, which we did, but she had to leave after about 15 minutes in order to go pick her son up so he could help her with moving furniture.  I continued walking and messaged Lori that I would be ready to be picked up at one p.m.  We went to Harris Farms.  I am a bit upset with Lori because instead of coming to the entrance of the Y (like she did the last time she picked me up, she parked in a spot where she could not even SEE the entrance.  So, I think we both wasted about twenty minutes while we waited for each other.  WE stopped at MARK'S where I got a slice of pizza and then at McDonalds in WRIGHTS CORNERS where I got a drink.  She drove us to HARRIS FARMS where she used her produce coupons and I used my DOUBLE UP card which was left over from last year.  I paid close to THREE DOLLARS for a tomato.  I also got plums and potatoes.  I had been thinking of inviting her for supper tonight but I was kind of worn out, so I didn't.  I rested a while in my recliner, listening to todays BEN SHAPIRO show.  Peggy called and said they were DOOR DASHING and needed a bathroom, so they came over here.  I gave them some coupons for Popeyes. 

I turned tv on and found out that Buffalo experienced one or two small tornadoes and there was a lot of damage to buildings.  Also, several counties (including Niagara) were being warned of possible severe rainstorms until eight p.m.  I moved my car to what I think might be a better spot and moved the trash bins and crossed the street to talk to Vivian who was sitting outside, to make sure she knew about the warnings.  She said she did. I offered to pull her recyclable container away from the street, but she said her husband was on the way home and would do it.  Honestly, I did not know she had a husband, I don't think I have ever seen him.

The soup turned out pretty good and the tomato sandwich I made using the tomato from Harris Farms was delicious.  I located candles and a flashlight, but the storm never came.  I found the movie THE LITTLE GIRL WHO LIVED DOWN THE LANE from 1976.

It is kind of a weird movie.  

TUESDAY:  Life Group was good and lasted a lot longer than it is supposed to.  Just before ending, Donna got mad at Cindi regarding something Cindi said.  I am not really sure what happened since I was in the bathroom when it started.  Cindi tried to smooth it over, but was unable to.  Six of us went to the CAFE ON THE GREEN for lunch which was very good.  I had the TACO PLATE, one of the specials:  three soft shell beef tacos.  Our server was the ONLY server for the whole place, but she did an excellent job.  I went to WalMart before going home, mostly because I noticed that I am running low on toilet paper.  I spent the rest of the day at home.  Jan cancelled out on going to the Erie County Fair tomorrow with the Y Seniors, so I don't think I will go either.  I talked to Mary on the phone in the evening.  She might be able to join me in Allegany State Park, but probably not because she hates to leave her dog, Shadow.

WEDNESDAY:  Jan and I had signed up for the YMCA day trip to the Erie County Fair.  However, she changed her mind and I decided not to go.  She and I met up at Widewaters and walked for an hour, with a couple of short breaks.  I spent the rest of the day at home.  I continued sorting through Carrie's clothing, deciding to take to Hoover Road and what to donate.  After a nap, I met up with Lori at Freedom Church.  She drove us to CHILI'S where we had supper.  We both had the Old Timer, an eleven dollar meal including a drink, burger, side and chips and salsa.  Then we went to the Calvary Episcopal Church in Williamsville for one of their 

Calvary Carillon Concert Series, with carillonneur Gordon Slater. Of course, we could not see him while sitting in their courtyard. Here is a picture of the Carillon Tower.

When that was over, some Williamsville High School students performed in the sanctuary. They were wonderful, so talented.

Thursday August 8th, 2024   I finished reading THE BOYS ON THE BOAT in the morning so that I could return it to the library.  The only place I went today was to the library to return two books and pick up two books on hold.  I started getting ready for my Michigan trip which is only six days away.  I worked on sorting through Carrie's clothing some more, and also on straightening out my clothing in the closet in that room.  

FRIDAY the 9th:  I met up with Jan at the Y and we walked for close to a half an hour.  She was late and I had to leave in order to get home and meet up with Gail and Peggy.  We visited for a while in my apartment and exchanged gifts and I showed them my ARTZA Box from Israel.  The three of us went to BROOKSIDE, a restaurant on 78 that Gail and I have never been to.  Peggy had been there for a party, but not the restaurant.  We all liked the BROOKSIDE and were happy with our meals. 

In the evening, I decided to go down to the canal to see if the SENECA CHIEF (the reproduction of a canal boat) had arrived.  It had not been announced but I figured it would arrive some time today, since they are offering tours tomorrow afternoon, and I was right.  There were people walking around in and on top of the boat, but they all had name tags on, so I figured they were important people.  I met a couple named Tom and Kathy and talked with them a while.  I took these pictures.
 



                                                    Old City Hall.   Look at that sky!!!
    Live music and free food for the important people who were invited to this private event.



While I was out, I picked up two prescriptions at Rite Aid.  Shortly after I got home, Connie called and we talked for a half an hour or so.  I confirmed my plans to meet at the Community Market tomorrow at eleven a.m.  with Marlene and Lori, and possibly Jan.  

I found the movie MAP OF THE WORLD in the evening.  I think I read the book several years ago.

SATURDAY;  in the morning I did a few jobs around the house.  I called Peggy to tell her the SENECA CHIEF is here, after I saw her ask a question about it on facebook.  I called Pam and asked her if she wanted to meet Marlene and I at the market, and to see the boat.  She said yes.  Lori messaged me that she does not feel well and cannot go today.  

I met up with Peggy, Pam and Marlene at the market.  Gail and Bob were there, too.  Peggy went down and got in line and was able to get into the SENECA CHIEF.  Marlene and Pam did not want to go down, and since I was with them, I decided not to, knowing that I will have another chance tomorrow.

Pam used some of her coins to purchase stuff including some beets for Marlene and a zucchini for me.  Pam did not want to go to the fundraiser at the Elks Club, so after I dropped my and Marlene's vegetables at my house (so that they would not sit in a hot car), Marlene and I went over to the Elks Club.  I only purchased five dollars' worth of tickets and I put most of them in for the six-piece PICKLE BALL set.  If I win it, I will take it to Michigan and give it to Megan and Chris.  Then we went to REIDS for lunch.  We were finishing up our meal when we saw Robin and Justice (a couple who we know from Freedom Church who left) and I called out to them and suggested they come over and sit with us.  They did and we had a nice visit.  Justice looks as if he has lost a lot of weight.  While he was getting food, Robin told us that he is now a certified EMT, and looking for a job.

As we were leaving REIDS, I asked Marlene if she wanted to go to the open house and basket raffle at the Cambria museum.  She did not seem to want to go and I told her I would not be upset if she did not want to, and she admitted that she would rather not go.  As we were driving through Lowertown, I asked if she knew about McCollum Orchards.  She vaguely remembered seeing this there years ago and she drove directly there.  
We got out and walked through the "U-PICK" area of rows of flowers.   I took a lot of pictures 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DAY EIGHT of Alaskan Cruise: Thursday, September 18, 2025 Skagway

Week of Sunday, August 10th through Saturday, August 16th, 2025 (Recipe for Crazy Crust Pie)

Wednesday, August 19, 2020